Live TV Buffers and Pixelate on AppleTV2 & XBMC (1 Viewer)

tanquef

Portal Member
October 30, 2012
General San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Hello

I made a fresh install with windows 7 home premium 32bit, on a workbench pc for testing purposes, its a low power pc (intel atom 1.6ghz 2gb ram 320hdd) with an analog hauppauge PVR 150.

the installation went great, and media portal is playing really well on this system...the problem relays when i try to use the client, which is an apple tv 2, with the last nightly install of XBMC frodo and Media Portal Add On...

the atv connects ok to the server, shows the channels, epg and everything, however when i try to watch live tv, its constantly buffering and pixelates, i've uploaded a video on youtube showing the issue.

I dont think that this is something related to the network, because on the same network i play 720p mkvs without buffering...i even test to record a show, and then play it on the atv but outside the add on, on the regular videos part of XBMC and it runs (it buffers but just a little after 4 minutes of playing the video)

the other option, if there is, is to lower the quality of the tuner to make the files smaller (an hour show took almost 2,8gb), is there a way to lower the frame rate?

Thanks

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hello

I made a fresh install with windows 7 home premium 32bit, on a workbench pc for testing purposes, its a low power pc (intel atom 1.6ghz 2gb ram 320hdd) with an analog hauppauge PVR 150.

the installation went great, and media portal is playing really well on this system...the problem relays when i try to use the client, which is an apple tv 2, with the last nightly install of XBMC frodo and Media Portal Add On...

the atv connects ok to the server, shows the channels, epg and everything, however when i try to watch live tv, its constantly buffering and pixelates, i've uploaded a video on youtube showing the issue.

I dont think that this is something related to the network, because on the same network i play 720p mkvs without buffering...i even test to record a show, and then play it on the atv but outside the add on, on the regular videos part of XBMC and it runs (it buffers but just a little after 4 minutes of playing the video)

the other option, if there is, is to lower the quality of the tuner to make the files smaller (an hour show took almost 2,8gb), is there a way to lower the frame rate?

Thanks

Same issue here, streaming from Openelec 2.0(XBMC):-S

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Either it is a performance issue with XBMC + Apple TV 2 or an incomatibility issue between MP TVE3 and XBMC's video decoding. It might be best to try to ask from XBMC's forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom