Live TV Freezes after Channel Change (1 Viewer)

LesD

Portal Member
May 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This problem has me stumped. I have spent quite a bit of time getting an external STB set up and capturing video in MediaPortal with an HD-PVR 1212 device. It is working great for recording shows, and I even got the MCE IR blaster working well to change the channels automatically. However, I am having problems when changing channels in Live TV mode.

The symptom is that the video display freezes completely on the clients (not the standalone install) when I change channels on the STB. I see the digits pop up on the screen as the IR blaster enters them, but as soon as the last one is entered (and the channel changes on the STB), the video freezes completely. It will come back if I hit pause, wait a few seconds, and then hit play again. The interesting thing is that I can then rewind and see the video seamlessly change channels - no video is actually lost in the buffer.

In my setup, I have 3 PCs. One is standalone with the TV server and client, and the other two are client only. As I said, this only happens on the clients. The standalone install that has the HD-PVR physically connected will have some stuttering for a few seconds after a channel change, but doesn't freeze completely like the clients.

I thought this was a codec issue, but have tried multiple codecs. Also, even with the codecs the same on the standalone and client, the behavior is different.

I did a quick run in debug mode and reproduced the problem. Logs are attached. There is some interesting stuff in the TSReader log that seems to point to the issue. Hopefully someone can make some sense of it.

For what it's worth, the STB is a Motorola VIP1200 on AT&T U-Verse service. I had this set up before with a different STB and it didn't exhibit the same problem.

Thanks,
Les

LesD

Portal Member
May 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Now it is happening on the standalone install as well as the clients. I'm wondering if something in the latest Windows7 64bit updates caused this.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi LesD

It looks like RTSP streaming issues in the logs, and it sounds like RTSP streaming issues from your description. Owlsroost (Tony) is the expert with that - hope he has a chance to have a look at the logs.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom