h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case[Silverstone]:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote[Harmony 550]:
TV[Panasonic plasma G20]:
TV - HTPC Connection[DVI-HDMI]:

Ok, so i am having issues with my live tv and am trying to list all the possible issues that i need to check.
First of all this is just OTA channels here in Prague CZ, no cable or satellite boxes involved.
When i plug in the antenna to the tv direct all the channels work perfectly and the quality is very good.
My problems arise when i shift to MP. I don't know whether it is purely a reception issue or whether there are issues with my MP tv set up.
I haven't attached any logs yet as i am just trying to get some quick suggestions to go and try before i go down that route.
In a different location with MP on XP i had no issues i have since moved location and upgraded to windows 7 and now i have problems.
My tv in MP will show 100% signal strength and will play from anywhere to 2mins to 2 hours before it freezes and i then have to restart MP. I have tried moving the antenna around to different locations but it is the same thing, it will give me 100% signal no problems and then it will start to pixelate and then freeze completely, it doesn't happen on all the channels though, some are worse than others.
Considering it works flawlessly with the built in tv tuner i figured maybe i need a newer more receptive tv card?
So my problem solving is going something like:
uninstall/reinstall tv engine
codec switching
uninstall/reinstall tv card
uninstall/reinstall graphics card

For the time being that's all i can think of to establish a quick fix. can anyone give me some more suggestions and actually whether tv cards do vary in their ability to pick up signals compared to inbuilt tv tuners.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom