Live TV HD flickers on client until server starts to watch the same channel (1 Viewer)

mckirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 18, 2009
    Hi there,

I am experiencing a strange problem on my client in the living room. It is one of those AMD Zotac boxes and it works great so far. I recently added a german Sky subscription which again work fine until it comes to the HD channels.

On the TVServer I can start Mediaportal and everything works fine.
    On the client a strange flickering appears on those Sky HD channels. Sky SD channels are fine and all not-Sky HD channels are fine as well.

When I start watching the same channel on the server while it is flickering on the client, the client's flickering stops and everything is perfect. I even can stop "watching" the channel on the server. It is a bit annoying to go the server and start the same channels just to clear out the flickering.

Any idea what is going on there?

Thanks, Daniel

Edited: Recordings have the same flickering but starting it on the server does not stop it.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Daniel

Are you able to provide log files?
    Use the procedure for reproducible problems on the client:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files
    Please also do the same on the server so that we get the TV Server log files.

Edited: Recordings have the same flickering but starting it on the server does not stop it.
    How are you decrypting the channels?
    If recordings are affected then it indicates a server side problem, so the behaviour that you described with the client seems strange.

mm

mckirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 18, 2009
    I attached the gathered logs.

The recorded file does not have the flickering. It is only the client playing it. All other recordings and channels are fine. Only those Sky HD channels have this strange behavior.

I use a normal CI/CAM to decode it. When I use the original STB (without Mediaportal) the channels work as expected.

Thanks for your help,
    Daniel

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Daniel

I guess when you play recordings, the file is located on the server?
    What happens if you transfer the file to the client before playing it?
    And to confirm: playing these channels (or recordings from the channels) on the server does not show the problem?

My suspicion is network configuration, bandwidth or latency issues are causing the problem.
    Try disabling firewalls on the client and server and see if it makes any difference.
    If you're using wireless networking and you can easily try wired networking then I'd suggest that you try that as well.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom