Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi Guru's,

When I try to watch HD on 1 west the picture is not smooth.

The sound is great, but the picture is in slowmotion, then fast forward, then back to slowmotion again, then normal, then fast forward. You get the idea :)

Does any of you have experiensed this as well.

I use POWERDVD from "unlocked" SAF for both MPEG2 and H.264 with DXVA enabled.

Thanks in advance.

buddy101

Portal Member
    June 15, 2009
    Hi,

I had the same problem with Vista.
    You need a HT3 CPU to support a smooth HDTV video with Aero and the onboard ATI HD3200.
    What I've found out for HT 2.0 CPUs (like yours):
    - Enable deinterlacing, enable Aero -> HDTV runs slow (30 fps instead of 50 fps).
    - Disable deinterlacing, enable Aero -> HDTV runs smooth, but no interlacing (bad picture quality)
    - Enable deinterlacing, disable Aero -> HDTV runs smooth, but sometimes got tearing (artefacts in a video).

I have the same mainboard and used a AMD 5050e (Hypertransport 2.0) before with the problems above.
    Since 2 months I've changed the CPU to an AMD Athlon II X2 250 (Hypertransport 3.0) and all problems are gone. I have enabled deinterlacing and Aero and the HDTV is running smooth.
    The problem is, that the Hypertransport 2.0 bus is too slow for playing HDTV with the onboard ATI HD3200.

You can try do disable Aero or deinterlacing (in ATI control center). If your HDTV signal is running smooth after disabled one of the features, than you need a HT3 CPU or an additional graphic card.

Best regards

buddy101

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ^ Correct. You only get limited deinterlacing w/HT2. (I forgot that I put my HD3450 in mine, so I don't suffer from this).

dbgurudk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Hi,

I had the same problem with Vista.
    You need a HT3 CPU to support a smooth HDTV video with Aero and the onboard ATI HD3200.
    What I've found out for HT 2.0 CPUs (like yours):
    - Enable deinterlacing, enable Aero -> HDTV runs slow (30 fps instead of 50 fps).
    - Disable deinterlacing, enable Aero -> HDTV runs smooth, but no interlacing (bad picture quality)
    - Enable deinterlacing, disable Aero -> HDTV runs smooth, but sometimes got tearing (artefacts in a video).

I have the same mainboard and used a AMD 5050e (Hypertransport 2.0) before with the problems above.
    Since 2 months I've changed the CPU to an AMD Athlon II X2 250 (Hypertransport 3.0) and all problems are gone. I have enabled deinterlacing and Aero and the HDTV is running smooth.
    The problem is, that the Hypertransport 2.0 bus is too slow for playing HDTV with the onboard ATI HD3200.

You can try do disable Aero or deinterlacing (in ATI control center). If your HDTV signal is running smooth after disabled one of the features, than you need a HT3 CPU or an additional graphic card.

Best regards

buddy101

How do I disabl Aero in WIN 7

Tried some guides via google but did not seem to work?

What FPS shoul I get in "SHIFT+1"

I get on mpeg4 avg. 17 and SD channels avg. 35 FPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom