Live TV pip audio swap (1 Viewer)

waynenz

Portal Member
March 28, 2017
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have recently changed to using the HDMI output of my PC that is setup as client server. I use the HDMI out via a denon avr-1906 to the HDMI input of my TV. everything appears to work as expected with live tv. I can swap audio between 2ch and 6ch and the denon recognizes the change. If I now open a second live tv channel in PIP mode and then try to swap audio between the two channels I can't just select between the 2 live tv 6ch audios, Nothing happens if I do this. I have to select live tv1 2ch then select live tv1 6ch then select live tv2 2ch and then the audio swaps. To swap back I have to select live tv2 6ch then live tv1 2ch.
This problem only occurs on the HDMI output. I have tried all the combinations of audio player settings.
audio1.jpg

audio2.jpg

I am not sure how the above should be setup. Anybody had this problem? It will be related to my hardware and or MP2 setup. Maybe LAV filters.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Do you have bitstreaming enabled?
If you have bitstreaming enabled PIP won't work as expected if one of the audio channel is in Dolby AC3 or any DTS frame, because no matter what, it will go directly to the AVR.
For now the only solution is to disable AC3 pass through (i haven't seen a DTV broadcast with DTS in Italy yet) or not use PIP at all.
For a quick fix, open LAV Audio filter and uncheck Dolby Digital AC-3 bitstreaming, then reload mediaportal 2 and try again. If it works this is the issue.
You can find more informations here: [no Bug] - PIP + LAV audio bistream issues
I should have reposted the issue under Feature Request but i totally forgot.

FYI from what i understood while playing with MePo2 settings, the audio player settings you have shown there work for music only. If you want to configure the audio section for the video player (and live TV) you should go to:
settings -> players -> codecs -> Audio Codecs and change things there.
Coming from MePo1 I agree it's a little confusing at first, but then it's very intuitive.

I ended up not using PIP because I needed a WASAPI audio renderer but if you have other questions let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom