Live TV play & Recorded TV play stop (1 Viewer)

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just when I thought I had an almost perfect system running at last I find that Live TV will stop playing and I am dropped back to the guide - recorded TV will also stop playing and I am dropped back to the recorded TV selection menu.

I am running win 10 pre release 11099.......

I found out today that I do not need Virtual clone drive to mount and play ISOs - windows 10 file explorer will now natively support mounting ISOs - I got my sound issues resolved - seems my system does not like to run the realtek high definition drivers/software so am using the LAV filters with the default MS sound drivers (HDMI to TV then optical to Sonos PlayBar) - works for me.

Attached (I hope) are several watchdog logs. (the log for 16 Jan is where I am unable to delete recorded TV).
    Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

MP stops playing because an audio renderer/connection is dropping (and later re-connecting, and dropping, and re-connecting... over and over).
    [collapse]
    [2016-01-17 23:30:34,315] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE)
    [2016-01-17 23:30:34,319] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: High Definition Audio Device
    [2016-01-17 23:30:34,322] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL)
    [2016-01-17 23:30:34,325] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: High Definition Audio Device
    [2016-01-17 23:30:34,327] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer High Definition Audio Device connected[/collapse]
    etc.

By default MP is configured to do this in case the audio connection that is dropping out is the audio connection that is currently being used as the audio output.

To solve, either:
    1. Disable the "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" setting, as shown here, OR...
    2. Figure out why audio connections are dropping and reconnecting randomly, and stop it from happening.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK. Thanks for the pointer of where to look.
    I am using the LAV filters and have set that to "Auto, select renderer on merit" (or whatever is the exact wording). I have now changed the LAV filters to "Manual select" and will see how that goes.

Can you tell me some reasons why an audio connection would be dropping (Is your crystal ball working today? LOL!)?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am using the LAV filters and have set that to "Auto, select renderer on merit" (or whatever is the exact wording). I have now changed the LAV filters to "Manual select" and will see how that goes.
    I don't think this will make any difference. MediaPortal selects the renderer it is going to use based on your [MediaPortal] configuration.

Can you tell me some reasons why an audio connection would be dropping (Is your crystal ball working today? LOL!)?
    There are lots of potential reasons. In general it happens most often for digitally connected (eg. HDMI, S/PDIF, Bluetooth, USB) devices (eg. TV, AV receiver, Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth speaker) when they're powered on/off, going in/out of power savings mode, coming in/out of range, being physically connected/disconnected etc. The device doesn't even have to be directly connected to your PC (eg. in your case, the SONOS PlayBar).

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmmmmm Sounds like the best option it to disable the "stop playback on loss of audio"...
    Thanks.

Edit / update: I have turned off the "stop playing on loss......" and now I get stuttering of the video and no Audio for a short while, but it does continue playing with sound aftewards.

I do recall now being very annoyed with a pop-up saying words to the effect "device disconnected to audio jack", "device connected to audio jack" even that pop-up was disabled in the realtek config. It was annoying me so much I uninstalled the realtek drivers; I no longer see that pop-up but the playing was still stopping until I made the "stop playing......." change and I still get stuttering for a short while as mentioned above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom