Live TV playback Android TV KODI (1 Viewer)

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Greetings,

I have used Windows Media Center for years as my PVR solution and recently began exploring alternatives. Currently I have Media Portal 2 TV server installed on an Intel NUC as HTPC and am using an Nvidia shield as a remote client running KODI with the Media Portal PVR addon enabled.

Playback work perfectly fine set at ts. reader config option in KODI running locally on NUC. However, on Android based clients running KODI (shield and samsung GS7) I have poor playback when .ts reader option is selected. When ffmpeg is chosen playback is significantly better but still some distorted frames and micro freezing.

I have attached logs from period after recently tuning a few different TV stations. CNN works well, local station with rerun of Seinfeld is good, another local station with Live 11pm News plays only a few frames, then begins to buffer and then quits back to guide.

Looking at resource use on the NUC during playback I do not see significant network bandwidth or CPU usage and I am not experiencing any error messages. What might I try to address playback performance issues on these clients? Note that I also run EMBY server on the NUC and EMBY for KODI addon on Android and experience great performance on playback for all my media.

One final issue is that recorded media remains listed in the menu even after deleted. I cannot seem to figure out how to remove/clear recorded programs from KODI or Media Portal.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Brian
--- Post updated ---
This doesn't seem to be an issue with only android but appears to be associated with the particular channels I am tuning. The channel mentioned above broadcasting news behaves just as poorly when locally played in KODI on the NUC (Win7)

Another log attached

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
This doesn't seem to be an issue with only android but appears to be associated with the particular channels I am tuning. The channel mentioned above broadcasting news behaves just as poorly when locally played in KODI on the NUC (Win7)

Another log attached
--- Post updated ---
OK, I found a possible cause/fix after having some more time to read into the Wikis. I am thinking that perhaps the stuttering on ts reader option is that I am not giving any time delay to allow the timeshift buffer to fill before playing? I haven' t placed a value in this option field and currently it is zero.

Wait time after turning a channel (ms)
Use this options to give the TVServer some time to fill the timeshift buffer before Kodi starts playing the selected channel. You can increase this value if you are experiencing frequent buffering after tuning a new channel.
Default value: 0

I will try this when I get home this evening.

Brian

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
OK, I found a possible cause/fix after having some more time to read into the Wikis. I am thinking that perhaps the stuttering on ts reader option is that I am not giving any time delay to allow the timeshift buffer to fill before playing? I haven' t placed a value in this option field and currently it is zero.

I will try this when I get home this evening.

Brian

This effected nothing. I am going to create a new support thread in MP2. Ignore or remove this post/thread entirely as I realized it is in MP1

H

harbin robert

I do registered with YuppTV for Hindi TV Channels. But i didn't face any issues with that..After some days i faced the issues like the channels are taking long time to stream. They say that, the problem is not with the YuppTV and to check with the internet connection speed. After i increased my Net speed its been good as of now. If; there is any problem with this company i will be informing to you int he future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom