Live TV scanning (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
Because of the lag of Live TV (Sydney Australia) I decided to clear all and rescanned them again.

I selected NSW Sydney and did a scan but it didn't found any SBS channels, 7, 9, 10, ABC all OK and signal seems OK. I did another scan with All Region and this time found SBS channels but the problem is it also updated and did something with other existing channels for me and some of them are not clear anymore.

Is there a way to force it to add new found channels only?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there a way to force it to add new found channels only?
    No.

The way to ensure that you get good results is to ensure that the correct frequencies are scanned. "NSW Sydney" may be out of date or the wrong choice (there is more than one TV transmission site for Sydney).

Do you know which transmission site your aerial/antenna is pointed at?
    List here:
    New South Wales Digital TV Transmitter Sites

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    NSW Sydney is the correct one I am using at the moment (Gore Hill,Artarmon)

It did listed SBS on the link but not very sure why the scan didn't see SBS.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

Without access to more information - particularly log files - I can only speculate...

The frequencies that TV Server (MediaPortal) version 1.17 scans when you select "Australia" -> "NSW - Sydney" match the details found at the linked website, and also the details on the official ACMA website. Therefore, all channels should be found without problem if and only if:
    • the details at the linked website are correct, AND...
    • you're right about which transmission site your aerial/antenna is pointed at, AND...
    • you're using MediaPortal 1.17
    If any of those are not true, that would explain the problem.

So, make sure you're using MediaPortal version 1.17.
    If you're already using MediaPortal 1.17, with the greatest respect, perhaps you should be selecting "Sydney North West" or "Sydney South West" instead of "Sydney".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom