[solved] Live TV start/Stop (1 Viewer)

kbfcub

Portal Member
August 25, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
After a short break away from Mediaportal, I installed MP1.27 and have the TV Server on a different computer to the client.

I have set it up as best as I can, but I am having issues with playing live TV, it will allow me to select a channel but won't show more than a single frame of the live TV before stopping. I've attached a log file if someone can suggest what I can do to resolve the TV issue.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_29_05_21__19_02.zip
    473.6 KB

kbfcub

Portal Member
August 25, 2020
Home Country
Since I was getting nowhere with the TV Server on a separate computer, I uninstalled Mediaportal from all computers on my network and installed Mediaportal 1.27 on my main computer as a single seat set up. I am now able to get live TV working reliably but I am not able to playback any recordings whether it is from the Recorded TV in the TV section or from a folder location in Videos, but I am able to play the files outside of Mediaportal in VLC.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Kevin

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_31_05_21__00_41.zip
    850.5 KB

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi @kbfcub ,
    First: caution! I'm no expert ;)
    After a short break away from Mediaportal, I installed MP1.27
    What was the last version you've been using? If you have not done so far, I would suggest to make a CLEAN Installation (MP & TV-Server) on server & client...
    1622447293329.png
    I know it's a lot of work, but the way I see it, this is sometimes the best solution...
    in your logs --> This...
    Code:
    [ERROR] - Exception   :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    and this...
    Code:
    [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    is strange:confused:

kbfcub

Portal Member
    August 25, 2020
    Home Country
    Hi @joEhSuper, thank you for looking at my log files , I will heed your advice and completely remove it all and re-install MP1.27.

I had on a previous computer I ran 1.24, which was decommissioned a couple of months ago and decided to install the latest MP2 version as seperate client and server when I ran into issues I uninstalled it all then just installed MP1.27 on my new computer.

I will remove it all again as you've advised and start a fresh and see if this helps :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't forget to delete the "Team MediaPortal" folder in Program Data and it might also be a good idea to uninstall MySQL and delete its folders in Program Files and Program Data.

kbfcub

Portal Member
    August 25, 2020
    Home Country
    Hi @joecrow,

Thank you, I did uninstall MYSQL, LAV and deleted the respective folders in ProgramData, then re-installed MP1.27 and hurrah I've set up the TV side of things and live TV and recordings are working.

Thank you and @joEhSuper for your help, I really do appreciate it, now I just need to set up all the plugins again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom