Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2RC
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova HD SVN
    Windows Version: Windows 7 64 Bit + SP1
    CPU Type: Intel Core i3-2100T
    HDD: OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 120 GB
    Memory: GSkill DDR3-1333 8 GB
    Motherboard: MSI H67MA-E45
    Video Card: Point Of View GeForce GT 520
    Video Card Driver: GeForce 275.33
    Sound Card: Realtek 8111-E 1Gb-E (onboard)
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek ALC892 (onboard)
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.6363
    1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.7N
    2. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    2. TV Card Driver: 5.7N
    3. TV Card: -
    3. TV Card Type: -
    3. TV Card Driver: -
    4. TV Card: -
    4. TV Card Type: -
    4. TV Card Driver: -
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 6.0
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 6.0
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF 6.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC13S-E
    Cooling: Noiseblocker Multiframe M8-S1 Fans
    Power Supply: iTuner picoPSU-120-WI25 120W
    Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote 1044
    TV: Philips 42PFL9704H
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

after updating from 1.2.0RC to 1.2.0 my Live TV stopped working. I get a black screen and MP looks like being frozen. Shortly after starting Live TV the MP menu flashes up on my screen for a fraction of a second then the screen is black again. Stopping Live TV with Back key (ESC) and pressing Stop key on my remote works though.

Logs attached.

Cheers

Blue Max

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi BlueMax1916

So to be very clear: TV worked in 1.2.0rc, and you *upgraded* to 1.2.0 (ie. not a clean install). Is that correct?
    What I'm seeing are *tons* of continuity errors in your logs. I guess you're already using the legacy firewire driver and that the power is connected to the FloppyDTVs. Can you please try using "stop card" instead of "pause card" ("when card enters idle state..." details -->here<--).

mm

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0

Thanks, MM, that did the trick setting it on 'Stop card'. I wondered where the difference was to my other PC with only one FloppyDTV and there I did not have any problems. I just looked after reading your hint and it was also set on 'Stop card'.

Thanks and cheers

Blue Max

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorry, I encounter still problems with Live TV. I can not view all channels. Some channels give me no picture after switching to them only the frozen picture of the preceding channel. Some channels give me a garbled picture with green bars in it. What could it be? See full logs attached.

Cheers

Blue Max

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

In your latest logs there are again *many* continuity errors and infinite loop warnings. Something with either your CAM or signal is not okay. You could try to temporarily disable EPG grabbing, but I think you need to investigate the other things as a priority. For example, try to remove the CAM and only watch free channels - do you still have the problem with them? If so then you have ruled out the CAM and you should investigate the FloppyDTV. Triple check the firewire drivers are the legacy ones (this is *critical*)...

mm

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi MM,

I do not even have a CAM on neither card. And I did not check the check box for it. I have the legacy drivers installed from the beginning. My other system (gaming PC with Windows XP) is running flawlessly but on a different antenna connection (basement). It has only one FloppyDTV S2. My HTPC where I have the troubles now worked flawlessly with 1.2.0RC. Signal should be o.k. I have two antenna connections where we run our digital sat receiver for years now without troubles.

I have two HD channels which work great and out of the SD channels there are some which give me troubles. During channel scan with the default satellite list for Astra 19.2°E the signal is about 3/4 of the bars in the beginning then drops to 1/4 after scanning most of the channels then restoring to 1/2. Some channels come up with an error 'not found'. I can not say if that is normal as I never watched the channel scans. I just noticed that when scrolling back the log on the screen.

I will try with disabled EPG grabbing.

What else could it be?

Cheers

Blue Max

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0

I do not even have a CAM on neither card. And I did not check the check box for it.
    Hmm, okay.

I have the legacy drivers installed from the beginning.
    Excellent. :)

My other system (gaming PC with Windows XP) is running flawlessly but on a different antenna connection (basement). It has only one FloppyDTV S2. My HTPC where I have the troubles now worked flawlessly with 1.2.0RC. Signal should be o.k. I have two antenna connections where we run our digital sat receiver for years now without troubles.
    Okay.

Surely something must have changed to cause this. The change from 1.2.0rc to 1.2.0 final might seem the most obvious to you, but as I explained above it seems unlikely to me. I can't explain this issue right now except to say that the stream from the tuner is getting badly corrupted somehow. The causes that I've encountered in the past:

1. Signal problems.
    2. HDD stress from virus scanner checking timeshifting files or other HDD intensive processes.
    3. Pause/stop card setting.
    4. Tuner used to quickly after resume from standby/hibernate.
    5. CAM compatibility.
    6. Overheating.
    7. With the FloppyDTV: wrong firewire driver.

What else could it be?
    You could try check the HDD as mentioned above. The other things are less likely or impossible in this case based on what you've told me.

mm

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0

I too think it could not be a fundamental problem with 1.2.0 as it is a slightly improved 1.2.0RC.

1. Signal problems.

I need to verify this. 1.2.0 RC has worked before on the same antenna connections.

2. HDD stress from virus scanner checking timeshifting files or other HDD intensive processes.

No virus scanner installed. Win 7 and MediaPortal on SSD, recordings go to separate HDD, timeshifting goes to a 2GB RAMDisk.
    As I have 8GB of RAM I did disable the Windows PageFile.

3. Pause/stop card setting.

Fixed by setting to 'stop card'. Preloading switched off.

4. Tuner used to quickly after resume from standby/hibernate.

Standby/hibernate is not working properly as the FloppyDTV S2 cards do not wake up correctly so no standby/hibernate used right now.

5. CAM compatibility.

Checked. No CAM used.

6. Overheating.

I need to investigate this. Though it happens right after booting the cold system. Within the case it can not be warm then and exhaust air feels cool.

7. With the FloppyDTV: wrong firewire driver.

Checked. Firewire legacy drivers are used.

Thank you for your assistance, MM.

Cheers

Blue Max

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Blue Max,

could you open your mediaportal configuration and check the codecs used for TV. I think you'll find that there is no video codec selected (as there is none inserted in the playback graph), or a codec from a codec pack. If you have installed SAF or a codec pack then these generally need to be reinstalled after an upgrade/new install of mediaportal.

Doesn't fit perfectly with what you are seeing but could be a factor.

mm - could it be detected as radio?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom