Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0

Davidf,

do you refer to the later posted MP log from yesterday? Because I had reinstalled SAF 6.0 with the newest available version and between posting both logs in this thread. Still the same problems. If there are such problems visible in the later logs then I need to ask Hoborg or install the same older pack which is working on my gaming PC. And an interesting question is why it works with some SD channels and not with others?

Cheers

Blue Max

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It was the first set I looked at - mm, says that the Cyberlink and LAV are present in the other logs so it probably just means that the video wasn't detected during the first logs.

Had a quick look and the Video pid was not seen for a few of your tunings, I can't see a pattern apart from what appears to be a poor signal.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Live TV stopped working after update to 1.2.0

MM and Davidf I have to apologize for all the hassles. I found the culprit. It were both new antenna cables I bought and installed the day I installed MP 1.2.0. I bought two high end cables from a renowned manufacturer and it turned out both were bad. I had a worse signal with them as with my old cables. Yesterday I fiddled around with my system ending with changing back to the old cables late last night and bam! I got all channels and a channel scan on both tuners revealed a much better signal quality :eek:

My intention was to maximize signal strength and all I got was the reverse effect. I bought two 2 meters cables for my HTPC in the living room and one 3 meters for my gaming PC in the basement. The 3 meters cable was good, the 2 meters cables were not. Maybe a reflexion problem with that particular length although they have dampening cores on both ends.

Sorry for the troubles and thank you very much for your assistance.

Cheers

Blue Max

P.S. Returned the cables to the dealer and never turned back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom