[solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Could someone take a look at the attached logs please, since installing windows 10 with MP 1.24 (happened with MP 1.23 also) I've got a 100% reproducible problem that I can't solve..

When starting live TV after 90 secs audio and video freeze, the GUI is still responsive, If I restart TV everything works fine and will carry on working OK for the rest of the day no matter how many times I restart MP, next day...Initial start and it happens again.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_18_02_20__10_37.zip
    213.4 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try deselecting the setting "Stop Playback on removal of an audio renderer" in MP config. as shown in the attached screenshot.
    mp1.jpg

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Okay I've done that...I'll have to wait until my first start tomorrow to find out if it worked, I'll post the results then.

Thanks for the help.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    First time I haven't had MP freeze since changing to Win 10 so it looks like turning off the setting has worked.

@joecrow thank you very much for the help, would never have thought of making that change.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First time I haven't had MP freeze since changing to Win 10 so it looks like turning off the setting has worked.
    Hi, glad that fixed it for you. Myself and several other have suffered this problem at least since MP 1.20, it seems to be specific to Win 10 but certainly not that alone. Do you by chance have an AMD GPU?
    The setting is enabled by default and it seems that is recommended/required for some setups, certainly my request to remove or disable the setting by default have not been actioned. It is a curious one.:unsure:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, like we do rework on that part, it seems trigger more issue on win10 for sure.
    Maybe we need to set it off by default. Lol

Tapatalk

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Hi, glad that fixed it for you. Myself and several other have suffered this problem at least since MP 1.20, it seems to be specific to Win 10 but certainly not that alone. Do you by chance have an AMD GPU?
    The setting is enabled by default and it seems that is recommended/required for some setups, certainly my request to remove or disable the setting by default have not been actioned. It is a curious one.:unsure:

I use a Geforce 1030 in this system....Upgraded from a 210 at the same time as installing Win 10.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    I haven't had time to use MP since my last post and it seems the problem is still showing up, I've done a full uninstall and deleted all folders then installed MP 1.24...Still the same, Does anyone else have any idea on where to look as I really don't want to roll back to Win 7.
    Recap of symptoms :

Start TV....Both audio and video freeze after around 2mins.
    Start TV and stop it again before it locks up....Restart TV and it won't happen.
    Only happens on the first start every day.
    GUI remains responsive unless I choose another channel from the EPG in which case everything freezes for some time and then the selected channel starts.

Noticed today that when the problem occurs if I go to the Home screen the preview window is showing the frozen video and the playback timer is running in a loop....2:38 counting up to 2:41 then back to 2:38 and starts the count again, this happens continuously.

Thanks in advance...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I haven't had time to use MP since my last post and it seems the problem is still showing up, I've done a full uninstall and deleted all folders then installed MP 1.24...Still the same, Does anyone else have any idea on where to look as I really don't want to roll back to Win 7.

Apologies for the delayed response but I only just noted your last post.
    What do you mean by" first start" is that following a Win 10 startup or resume from sleep/hibernate? Also what is your audio setup?
    Having asked that with the referenced setting disabled I have never seen the problem return either from a Win 10 Start/restart or resume from sleep and hibernate, but can try anything out on my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom