LIVETV freeze when recording starts (1 Viewer)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Hope someone can help, this is occurring on 2 systems here, both standalone setups, same media portal install files but different hardware except for tuner (TBS 6981).

When a scheduled recording kicks in, Live TV freezes, record is working.
    I can change channel up/down and this recovers Live TV.

Guessing the scheduled recording bombs out the tuner thats currently being used for live tv instead of the free unused tuner.

I have attached debug logs with issue reproduced.

I believe this to be correct:
    Mediaportal debug launched
    CH4 was last channel watched so this will show as first tuned channel.
    Recording scheduled for BBC 2 (dvbs), Eggheads at 18:00 (with 1 minute pre record)
    Live tv was then set to watching BBC 1 (dvbs)

At approx 18:59 :)
    Live tv freezes, I pressed channel up, BBC 2 tunes, I then switched back to BBC 1 to resume watching Live TV

Build is 1.2.3 (using DJBlu's custom data grabber install)
    Tuner: TBS6981

Any more info needed please ask

Ian

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Ian

I've checked your logs and I honestly can't see any reason for the interruption. I can imagine it would be possible for an interruption to occur if the process of initialising the second tuner somehow queried or reused components from the first tuner. However that doesn't appear to be happening. The only thing that ties the two tuner instances together from a TV Server perspective is:
    1. The tuner driver.
    2. The fact that they are physically on the same PCIe card.
    3. Potentially MD***.

The channels that you're testing with are FTA, so you should be able to reproduce the problem without MD*** if that is not the cause. Please do that - just stop TV Server, rename the main MD plugins directory inside the TV Server install directory, and then attempt to reproduce the problem again.

How are you splitting the signal to the two tuners (and the other two tuner in the other PC)?

mm

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply mm,

This issue has only started since upgrading to 1.2.3 a couple of weeks ago.
    MD was in the 1.2.2 install

The dish has a quad lnb so each tuner has its own run of cable.

I'll try the following tonight:
    I'll try taking MD out of the equation. If problem still occurs
    Remove TBS drivers, install latest (currently running 2.0.0.18 as it's faster)

Last edited:

ARH

Portal Member
    October 27, 2006
    I have suffered a very similar problem with my setup and TBS 6984 quad tuner. I have spoken to tbs support and they had not come across the problem. There is nothing in the MP logs, Mp thinks all is fine. I had recordings stopping as well, I still have recordings stopping when a new HD recording starts. SD is now working fine due to a small change I made in windows power setup see this post http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7740 the second post tells you what to change. It worked with SD stuff but is still a problem with HD stuff. 1 HD recording whilst watching SD live is fine. if watching HD and an HD recording starts live TV freezes. If you need logs see this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/stream-rejected-issues.109755/ I have not had the problem recently so have no recent logs. I have only been running this card for a few weeks so have no experience of previous versions of MP as I was running Hauppauge cards before I moved

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Quick update

I tested the freeze happens again before tweaking and it did.
    I then renamed MD dir, restarted
    Checked encrypted channels and they wouldn't tune as expected
    I then tested the recording issue and it didn't freeze.
    I then renamed it back to original to verify.
    Rebooted and then checked encrypted works and it does.
    Freeze issue no longer happens there either :confused:

Will carry on testing as I can't help feeling the problem will rear its ugly head again but TV is in use atm

Will hopefully be able to push a few hours testing over weekend so will post findings

Last edited:

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    MD is re-enabled and the recording issue isn't happening anymore, so can''t tell if it was MD or not

Thanks for the offer tho, I'll have a big ole testing session over weekend :)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Quick update, since renaming md an the renaming it back again the issue has disappeared. <scratch head>

Not complaining though :D

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Got to the cause of the problem last night

Thought I would update incase anyone else has same issue in future.

Tbs 6981 driver 2.0.0.18, live tv will stop when tuner 2 initialises to start recording. The steam on tuner 1 is still active but you have to click to start viewing again. This doesn't happen when the tuners are reversed :)

Latest 2.0.1.5 driver corrects this but channel changes are slower

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    Hi, I have the same sort of issue, but mine is when my server/client if say using tuner1 and I then tune another client to use tuner2, server/client freezes.
    I am using TBS 6984 with latest driver 1.0.2.3, DJBlu's 1.3a and MD. I have tried your tricks onelegend, but didn't fix this issue.
    Would appreciate any help.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom