lm remote keymap setup (1 Viewer)

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I will b using this guide to setup my remote and receiver.http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/68/110/article.asp. I have a different ir receiver and remote from the one lm remote shows a pic of but im sure mine will work. Its the hp one with the black long remote with the gray ir receiver. Im running windows 7 64 bit . wish me luck

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahh ok you want blasting I couldn't remember what I was helping you with in private chat. disregard that and follow the first guide in the post :)

edit: I thought I was helping you use lmremote to control applications outside of MediaPortal, that must be another person! lol

Last edited:

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Cant remember exactly where I got stuck. But ill try to set things up tomorrow after work.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok good luck, since we have the same IR blaster and we are both using Win7 x64 it should be fine. After setting things up you may need to reboot to get it going. If you have trouble I can attach my lmremote settings file that you can import. It already has blasting setup for Vol+/-/mute so you can use to test your blaster.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes. I definatley need the receiver to blast channels so I can use my wmc remote and to get channels to change remotely cause Istream tv to my phone. Also to have channels change when I recordings set on different channels

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Lmremote supports command line blasting, so after you get the blaster going via the command line you will need to do some detective work about interfacing tvserver with command line blasting, probably involves you writing a script or .bat file

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanx sooooooooo much. I really appreciate the help. Il post back tomorrow after 5pm eastern us time. Thanx again. What stb do u use. I use a pace rng150n. If that matters[DOUBLEPOST=1376284447][/DOUBLEPOST]That sounds confusing. Programming and scripts r foreign to me.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you might not be able to get this going then.

I use IR blaster to control my amp volume + power.

I can't help you with the last bit and I'm not sure how possible it is. It used to be possible with older versions of MePo, but I don't know about what is currently available as I don't blast a STB (just my amp)[DOUBLEPOST=1376284655][/DOUBLEPOST]you can search "tv server command line blaster" you may need to build a wrapper.exe that takes whatever tv-server blaster runs then translates it into an LMRemote command line interface. (If there is no plugin that works with tv-server that lets you do command line blasting) - hopefully there is, because I think building a wrapper is a little tricky.[DOUBLEPOST=1376285108][/DOUBLEPOST]oh PS. from the back reaches of my memory, there might be a mp plugin in the lmremote forum as well

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    was waiting for you to chime in :)

some background is:
    I believe cadams has been struggling for quite some time to get IRSS to work reliably with this blaster. (he can correct me if wrong)
    I have the exact same blaster, I spend 3 months trying to get it going with IRSS. It only ever intermittently worked, (if worked at all). with lmremote it works 100% of the time. IRSS was about 20% of the time.

Does IRSS support a command line wrapper mode?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom