lm remote keymap setup (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    was waiting for you to chime in :)
    It was only really a pot-shot because...

Does IRSS support a command line wrapper mode?
    ...I've never used IRSS or configured a blaster setup.

The main point is, you require the TVE3 blaster plugin which is installed with IRSS, and AFAIK that plugin talks to IRSS.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/3_IRSS_(IR_Server_Suite)/MP1_Plugins/TV3_Blaster_Plugin

Since I've never used IRSS, I can't tell you whether it has a command line wrapper.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thats the reason I decided to try lm remote over irss. I heard lm remote worked better. And I have had this issue for almost a year. At this point I dobt care how bad irss works. I just want it to work. Ill try the irss setup based on the tutorial mm posted thanx for the help yall

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thats the reason I decided to try lm remote over irss. I heard lm remote worked better.
    Well, I'm not aware of any way that lm remote can integrate with MediaPortal's TV Server... so if using TV Server is in your plan, IRSS is going to be required.

And I have had this issue for almost a year. At this point I dobt care how bad irss works. I just want it to work.
    My understanding from reading your historical posts is that you've not yet found a method of controlling the blaster, and in that case the tutorial I posted won't be of immediate use (the tutorial is focussed around configuring channel changing through the TV Server). I also got the impression you've been having the problems because you've been attempting to use a blaster which is designed to be used with eHome under W7 with XP (which doesn't have eHome). In other words, it is not clear to me whether the problems you've been having are due to the driver or IRSS.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last edited:

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm not going cto b using media portal.to watch tv or record im going.to.use wmc and or wintv. Im now running windows 7 not.xp. so im trying to use my hp.wmc remotr and ir receiver to.control my set top so j can change.channels and so that channels will change.when.I have scheduled recoddings on different channels. I wouldnt b going thru all this if Hauppauges shitty ir blaster would work right!!!!!!!!!

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Not exactly sure what your ralking about. I used the bladtconfig app to learn all my stb remote buttons but cant send any. Meaning the led on the emitter blinks but no channel change. Nothing blasts.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not going cto b using media portal.to watch tv or record im going.to.use wmc and or wintv.
    I'm not familiar with blasters or either of those programs, let alone using a blaster in those programs... so I'm not able to help any further. Good luck... :)

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Well I guess ill just go ahead and use media portal so I can increase my chances of getting proper help.[DOUBLEPOST=1376322318][/DOUBLEPOST]Could someone just post a link to a tutorial that will show me all I need to do to get irss setup with my hp wmc remote and receiver.[DOUBLEPOST=1376322529][/DOUBLEPOST]http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/3_IRSS_(IR_Server_Suite)#Usage_Guides. Im gonna use this page to figure out how to get media portal setup to blast to my stb but what do I need to do first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom