LNB LO Frequencies (1 Viewer)

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
January 5, 2016
Southwestern Virginia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,
I have had to make a change or two here with my system and it seems to have really hosed the entire workings!

Previously I was running a standard (5150) C Band LNB which I replaced with a PLL version with the same LO 5150
Previously on the KU side it was a Universal 10600 LO Unit which I replaced with a 10750 PLL Version

Now sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Do I have to rescan all the KU band TP's with the 10750 in place or is there a place I can make the changes on the local osc frequency of the LNB's in MP ?

I have changes things under the TV server tab /my tuner in the section where channel scans are performed but IIRC that is for selecting up to 4 sats at once to scan and doesn't affect the normal operation. I have included the logs for reference.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Wayne

I hope you're well! :)

I have included the logs for reference.
    Thanks, these are perfect. (y)

I have changes things under the TV server tab /my tuner in the section where channel scans are performed but IIRC that is for selecting up to 4 sats at once to scan and doesn't affect the normal operation.
    With the greatest respect, you're mistaken. Some of the settings only affect the scan but others affect normal operation as well.
    ...and actually I think that's where the first part of the problem lies. Please:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the scan section for your tuner.
    3. Tick "use advanced tuning options".
    4. Untick "override default LNB frequencies".
    That should get your C band channels working again.

For the second part of the problem...
    You'll need to rescan to get your Ku band channels working properly with the new LNB. The "band type" (LNB type) you should select when you scan with the 10750 MHz LOF is "Circular".

Kind regards,
    mm

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    Thanks for the education once again:)
    What I've done is setup a separate record station so I can watch other programs while certain ones are recording. It's kinda obvious we record a lot here ;)

Strange thing is I am watching RT America as I type with the 10750 setup that's different ! This installation is using totally different antennas from the main system so starting from scratch with a re-scan is no problem

Again Thanks for taking time to set my thinking straight on operation and I will make these changes tomorrow and see how things go!

Wayne

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    Thanks for the assistance! Looks like everything is working fine on both C and KU. I actually found a spare 10600 High Band PLL LNB so I didn't have to rescan anything.
    If only I would have thought to look for that to begin with I could have saved mm all the trouble :) At least now with a new shop building I can keep all my satellite hardware on shelves where I can find it ! Thanks for allowing me to be a "Frequent Flyer" here :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like everything is working fine on both C and KU. I actually found a spare 10600 High Band PLL LNB so I didn't have to rescan anything.
    Ahhh, brilliant. :)

If only I would have thought to look for that to begin with I could have saved mm all the trouble :)
    One reply is hardly trouble. I'm happy to have been able to offer advice. :)

Thanks for allowing me to be a "Frequent Flyer" here :D
    Any time! See you around... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom