Loading Plugins delay (strange pause after Filterchecker in log) (1 Viewer)

jet70

Portal Pro
March 7, 2009
Home Country
England England
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
CPU Type: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHZ
HDD: 3 x Seagate 2TB
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA MA78GM S2H
Video Card: ATI HD4550
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.5
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDShow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDShow
h.264 Video Codec: MPC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ANTEC NSK2400
Cooling: Scythe Ninja Cooler
Power Supply:
Remote: Generic Microsoft
TV: panasonic plasma TH50PZ80
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi there,

Not sure what has happened to introduce this problem, but when 'Loading Plugins' appears on the Mediaportal loading splash screen, the computer hangs for a long time. This causes a Windows 'Mediaportal has stopped working' box to pop up.

If I acknowledge this, it closes Mediaportal. If I ignore it, Mediaportal eventually loads.

The delay normally is worst on the first loading of Mediaportal after booting into Windows.

I have looked at the Mediaportal.log attached and cannot see any obvious errors, but there is a gap of about 1 minute 40 seconds between the 3 Filterchecker entries and loading the TVPlugin - which seems to match up with the length of time the PC hangs!

Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions they can share with me to get this working more satisfactorily?

Many thanks.

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
Start in debugmode to see if it goes faster, then you can safely say its either your skin or some plugin f-ing things up. Then you need to disable your plugins one by one and delete your skincache and see if that helps.
I had the same problem a while ago, it turned out to be the virtual networkcards added by VMWare. I disabled those and it was fast again. I guess it used those first to search for the tv-server and eventually tried my real networkcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom