MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in the Onlinevideos.log, for the Basichome button presses, I see:
    Code:
    Called with LoadParameter: 'site'
    This happens because you are using <define>#menuX.parameter:site:YouTube</define> as a "shortcut/link" inside my theme. <define> does not allow : obviously and I don't know how to mask special character or if it is even possible to mask them.

You will need to replace the definitons like #menu5.parameter in your BasicHome.xml with the parameter you want, e.g. site:YouTube. The definition is used 3 times, so be sure to replace them all.

This can only be overcome by using SkinSettings, they accept special characters in the variable. But only the original SkinSettings.xml is read and can't be supplied by the theme. So I avoided using SkinSettings, as they may eventually be overwritten on skin updates.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This happens because you are using <define>#menuX.parameter:site:YouTube</define> as a "shortcut/link" inside my theme. <define> does not allow : obviously and I don't know how to mask special character or if it is even possible to mask them.

You will need to replace the definitons like #menu5.parameter in your BasicHome.xml with the parameter you want, e.g. site:YouTube. The definition is used 3 times, so be sure to replace them all.

This can only be overcome by using SkinSettings, they accept special characters in the variable. But only the original SkinSettings.xml is read and can't be supplied by the theme. So I avoided using SkinSettings, as they may eventually be overwritten on skin updates.

I suspected this was the case, but when I tried to change each instance manually, I might have used the incorrect syntax to actually get the site I wanted. I'll try this some more later tonight, hopefully I'll succeed. It's not that important to me, but I did get very curious as to why it didn't work.

Do you have a recent zip of your theme which I can drop to my titan dir to test this and check what actually is coming into Onlinevideos code?

Reading the possible explanation above from @Zoidberg77, are you still interested in a zipped archive? I don't want to put you on a wild goose chase if nothing with OnlineVideos is at fault here. :) I'll still let you know if his solution works though.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That's it! It works perfectly now! Also, @offbyone, I used:

Code:
    site:Nerladdade videor|return:locked

in case you were wondering. Aka, "DownloadedVideos". :)
    Emph

Last edited:

red_zebra

Portal Pro
    September 1, 2009
    Leipzig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I just wondered if it is possible to load Online Videos' favorites category from the basichome menu. I tried several parameters in the <hyperlinkParameter> but all withot success (I tried group:Favorites, category:Favorites, site:Favorites; several combinations with Return:Locked and Root and finally spelling Favorites as Favourites). Could you give me the correct syntax please?
    Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom