erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I've been using the mediabrowser plugin for a while buts it's no longer working so I am setting up Moving Pictures.

It's been a while since I have used it so hope you can help with my question.

I am still using Emby to manage my metadata and wondered how I should set up Moving Pictures to read the local Emby nfo files.

I have attached a sample nfo file for reference.

Many thanks

Attachments

• The NeverEnding Story (1984) -_.zip
      2.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @erichzann you would set the Emby scraper-script as primary for import, so that it reads the NFO files and does a quick off-line import. Just got no idea what scraper-script that would be, or if the default one is still compatible with the syntax of the NFO files you have. Easy to test for obviously.

It is easy to delete the MovPic dbase and start over, so you can also play around with more advanced scraper-script solutions such as IMDb+

Otherwise look at the MovPicNFO plugin project which makes use of XBMC compatible NFO files, because it might be easy to convert the Emby files you have with 3rd party tools such as SFK or TextCrawler.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, for an off-line alike scan you want to disable all the other scraper-scripts.

But any missing data will still be fetched on-line, so be sure that your artwork naming scheme matches the off-line imports.

All the scraper-scripts are stored in the 'scripts' table in the movingpictures.db3 database. For any scraper-script other than IMDb+ (auto-updates via the IMDb+ plugin) be sure to scour the forums for any possible updates after it was included in the latest Moving-Pictures release.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom