[TV] Lock or set PIN code for a channel group (1 Viewer)

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would like to make a channel group specific for my kids and I don´t want them to be able to switch to the "adult" channel group, with violence, nudity and so on. Would be cool if the channel could be "locked" to a channel group and maybe require PIN code to change or PIN code for specific channel groups.

I hope the feature could be implemented in MP 1.X or the upcoming MP2 :)

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Also possibility to set time of day when a channel should be pin code/adult mode protected

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    +1 for this feature. My youngest accidentaly switched to a hardcore channel, and I am still picking up the pieces. Please implement a parental lock for TV channels or groups.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For everyone who is also waiting for this option for ages, i know it's maybe not the right place to mention, but XBMC frontend with MediaPortal as TV Server backend does solve this issue. A pincode can be set on channels and that works great. TV is more sliky smooth too (enable de-interlacing).[DOUBLEPOST=1355048272][/DOUBLEPOST]
    +1
    got 2 children. I wanted to build a Mediaportal PC for their room.

Try Openelec (Openelec.tv) Linux/XBMC appliance, starting time 10 seconds from boot, and working with Mediaportal TV backend.

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For everyone who is also waiting for this option for ages, i know it's maybe not the right place to mention, but XBMC frontend with MediaPortal as TV Server backend does solve this issue. A pincode can be set on channels and that works great. TV is more sliky smooth too (enable de-interlacing).[DOUBLEPOST=1355048272][/DOUBLEPOST]
    +1
    got 2 children. I wanted to build a Mediaportal PC for their room.

Try Openelec (Openelec.tv) Linux/XBMC appliance, starting time 10 seconds from boot, and working with Mediaportal TV backend.

I do appreciate that you mention a different solution to this problem, however switching over to the competiotion is no option for me. Installing Linux, of xbmc on a windows PC is such a hassle and a lot of plugins that I like a lot are missing in xbmc. It should not be too hard to implement this in Mediaportal as well. I cannot figure out why this thread is not under the attention of the dvdelopers. Or maybe it is?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV part is one of the key features for MP 1.4.0/MP2. There is some rework done atm. :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Holzi: You have to be honest. MP 1.4/MP2 is not ready in about 1,5 years. LiveTV is not part of MP2 release, only usable in plugin to MP2. So this needed issue is not solved for the next long year.

@crackdown: XBMC on windows is a 5 min install. All is done from GUI and enough plugins in repository and already many build-in. What about AIRplay for all Apple devices already build-in XBMC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom