[TV] Lock or set PIN code for a channel group (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We try shorter release cycles from now on. :)
    Tho we try not to break things from one release to another release like it was/is done with XBMC Beta. ;)

I already tried XBMC on windows with MP as backend and because of several things it does not suit me. (maybe it does suit for others, like you?! :))

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @wouter1971 Building a PIN protection could be achieved in MP 1.3 FINAL ; there is already pin functionality built in in MP, just not in the TV channel section. Now I am not a programmer, but it takes no rocket science to implement this I think. I think its time that is the issue. Time consuming all these demands ;-)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP is growing slowly but steady. ;) At the moment a lot of background work is done (especially on the TVServer part). Stability and quality is still the main goal. Besides that with MP 1.3.0 Beta we try to achieve a better first time user experience. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    1) Videoplayback is still not silkysmooth and in xbmc it is.
    No codec configuration in XBMC and HD audio engine.
    Sorry, but this two point are really big advantages of MP and are bundled together. The Video Playback inside XBMC (talking about Windows Systems only) is much worse than in MP with build in (bundled) LAVF. To have the option of changing Codecs solves tons of issues. FFDShow (the "Codec Hell" that is used inside XBMC for Windows at least) is still a big crap on lots of (most) Windows Systems. You have to fiddle a lot on GUI Config, Video playback Content Menu and advancesettings.xml to get this working like a C. Without this really ugly fiddling the video playback is a F-- MPs Video Playback is a B without any fine tuning and an A+ if you tune the "codec hell" to really fit your system. On XBMC (Windows) the video image is a lot more blurry than on MP, Aside this it's a lot noisier. And you need to try hard to find a setting that no heavy stuttering is there. If you find this setting (I found them after some hours of try and error), the playback is smooth regarding stutter, but still a lot blurrier... BTW with XBMC you are stuck on DXVA, no way to use Intel Quick Sync or Nvidia CUDA to get the best out of your GPU. Only generic DXVA available...

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would already be a great improvement if it were possible to hide some channel groups like the "All Channels" group.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know, sorry my posting seems to be misunderstandable.

I mean hiding other groups beside the "All Channels".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom