[Approved] Lock the ability to remove TVChannels from "all channel" group. (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Franck,

The team is looking into this.

There is a bit of discussion about how to handle the other groups (analog, digital terrestrial, etc.) that are created by default and cannot be removed.

It may be that the simplest 'correct' solution is to disable 'remove channel from group' for these groups as well. Don't do anything else with this at the moment, but I thought I should keep you informed.

Best wishes,

Mark

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mark,

Thanks for this information, greatly appreciated, as usual.
    Because I added the use of TvLibrary.Interfaces, and, if Team decide to go this way, a simple code change :

Code:
             if (Group.GroupName == TvConstants.TvGroupNames.AllChannels)
    by

Code:
             if (Group.GroupName == TvConstants.TvGroupNames.AllChannels || Group.GroupName == TvConstants.TvGroupNames.Analog
                  || Group.GroupName == TvConstants.TvGroupNames.DVBC || Group.GroupName == TvConstants.TvGroupNames.DVBS
                  || Group.GroupName == TvConstants.TvGroupNames.DVBT)
    is working.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Oh yes, it seems that less code lines are needed, by this way. :D
    Finally you decided to lock only the "all channel" group, as far as I see.
    Again thanks and, in hope for answers in others pending posts. ;)
    Regards.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Franck,

With some of your other posts, the patches do add functionality. Even if this functionality is minor, we are in a feature-freeze, so these changes will not be added. The only changes permitted now are bug fixes, so you would have to demonstrate that the change is necessary to fix an actual problem.

Best wishes,

Mark

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Mark,

I suppose you talk about : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...er-etc-325/scan-signals-numeric-values-72219/
    Well, for me, it is not a new feature (I mean functionally talken") because, it simply add variables but, copied from existing progress bars values.
    And, I thought it could be useful for users with amovible antennas or, motorized parabolas.
    Also, I could'nt post it before, I waited for morpheus_xx finished the stuff since, I remember this rejected post : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...fig-form-cosmetic-fix-more-comfortable-68556/

Finally, as you can see, I didn't post the "MP handle the new BDA object SignalPresent" patch because, with feature freeze, I was sure this new feature patch would be rejected.

But, if Team decide that the scan-signals-numeric-values is a new feature then, I couldn't do other thing that agree with, of course. ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Franck,

That was the one I had in mind, although I have not discussed it with anyone in the team, so I would not presume to say how someone else would view this.

As for the other patch you mentioned, if you have done it you may as well post it along with an explanation as to why it should be included - the key here is 'what problem does it solve?'.

Best wishes,

Mark

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Franck,

That was the one I had in mind, although I have not discussed it with anyone in the team, so I would not presume to say how someone else would view this.
    Dear Mark,
    Let's see what will happen on this patch, then. ;)

As for the other patch you mentioned, if you have done it you may as well post it along with an explanation as to why it should be included - the key here is 'what problem does it solve?'
    The other patch is not finished yet, because it need a little rework, since some modified classes by the Team.
    And, for the moment, it's only a display information but, it could be useful later.
    You can see it here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...manual-control-fix-timeshifting-broken-70919/ by looking carefully the 3rd screenshot on first post. :)

I'm not sure this post is made for talking about that but, the final goal is, to make my pinnacle card (and for sure, many other cards) working.
    For the moment, one of two tuners is working.
    I would not like to insist too much because of this rejected patch : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-etc-325/signal-strength-more-tv-cards-66380/ but, this way made the first pinnacle tuner working fine right now and, with the int method, made my 2 tuners hauppauge card working fine too.
    And also, a hybrid card from a MP user.
    You have few screenshots of int method on MP french forum here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...amug-pour-chaine-analogique-68486/#post492018
    But, instead of using a (very bad not working, even on my hauppauge card) proposed software, I found "Pouchin TV mod" software, wich handle very well many differents cards.
    Therefore, I found this soft in French language only.
    And what can we see with it ?
    Instead of MP, wich is based only on the signal lock (even if you remove the test, you also have to remove many controls like quality = 0, pmt null, etc..., because, MP is locked at many places), Pouchin TV offer ability to work on many differents cases because, this depend strongly on driver cards.
    Then, setup is highly configurable and, can handle many option, choosen by users, for finally try to suit as best as possible cards users.
    One example is, count on Signal Present, instead of Signal Lock, depending on drivers, some cards return Signal Present = yes but, Signal Lock = 0, etc...

Here is a screenshot and, this is what finally, I will try to do with my MP version.
    Sorry, screenshot is in French but, no problem if translate is needed by Team.
    For example, "verrou" means "lock".

Regards.

Attachments

• pouchin.JPG
      pouchin.JPG
      105.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom