Logical channel numbering (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I am not sure whether it is just me or Media portal is totally unusable in North America with the lack of logical channel numbering. When can we expect this feature?
I would love to replace my MCE 2005 with Media Portal - but cannot do so until this feature is fully supported.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, we hear you and it almost made 0.1.3.0 but it requires a big change in the current database structure to not upset other users etc.

DMAN

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dman_lfc said:
    Yeah, we hear you and it almost made 0.1.3.0 but it requires a big change in the current database structure to not upset other users etc.

DMAN

Really? I had a little patch for that a while back that required no database change. I could do it again in the latest code and give it to you if you like. I didn't do it to the guide where you type in the channel number to go the channel, but that shouldn't be a hard add. From the user level it was just a configuration setting (that defaulted to the European style ;) ).

Let me know.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    CodeMonkey

Yes it's more complicated then that as we need to add for digital cards, atsc cards, analogue cards & some people don't get lcn infomration so we need options to have it selectable.

DMAN

Z

zpierce

So I'm a bit lost, just got my Dvico FustionHDTV 5 lite ATSC card working thanks to .1.3.0 release and new release of drivers from Dvico but my channel numbers are all off from the guide. Is there a way to fix this, or, per this thread, is it not possible to get the guide to line up with my channels at this point (ATSC in USA)?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    zpierce said:
    So I'm a bit lost, just got my Dvico FustionHDTV 5 lite ATSC card working thanks to .1.3.0 release and new release of drivers from Dvico but my channel numbers are all off from the guide. Is there a way to fix this, or, per this thread, is it not possible to get the guide to line up with my channels at this point (ATSC in USA)?

Correct, not possible ATM automatically.

DMAN

Z

zpierce

Is there a manual way? I only have a dozen channels, I'd be happy with a manual workaround but I'm not sure what settings would have to be changed if it is possible.

Z

zpierce

I've played around with this a bit to try to get my guide working. I find that if I rename the autotuned / working channels to the names from the xmltv download it sort of works. Problem is it seems that mediaportal gets confused between the non working guide added channels and the working channels I've added, every time I delete the guide channels they just come right back in the channel list, and mediaportal seems to be about 50/50 in picking the right channel. If i just uncheck them then none of them seem to work.

javers

Portal Member
    June 23, 2005
    UK
    Is LCN still on the "to do" list? Any chance it might make an apperance in version 2.0.0?

Jon

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I realize that this is an annoyance......but it truly isn't that big of a deal. I've had no problems adjusting to manually punching in an off-set channel number to select the right channel in MP.

It does take a bit of getting used to, but it's really not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom