Logitech MediaPlay? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Anyone had any experience with this one (I didn't see anything when I searched for 'Logitech')? It appears to use Windows Media commands (I'm going to try verifying with Spy++ sometime this week), but I get indeterminate results -- some buttons (forward/back track) don't work at all, and others work very well (volume, play/pause, etc).

Also -- MediaLife (the media center that comes with it) doesn't support DVD's out of the box -- caveate emptor.

A

Anonymous

I too have a Logitech MediaPlay mouse and would love to be able to use it with MP. Has anyone else looked into this?

A

Anonymous

Same problem here, maybe is there some software to override the media control buttons on it, as most of them arent changeable in setpoint.?

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
Just got one of these and with the patch job that derrickp links to, you can set it up to do pretty much all of the navigation and media control.. all without touching a keyboard. A very nice device when you get it set up properly.

lgoulart

Portal Member
September 14, 2005
Brazil
chili said:
Just got one of these and with the patch job that derrickp links to, you can set it up to do pretty much all of the navigation and media control.. all without touching a keyboard. A very nice device when you get it set up properly.

Hill chili and all,

I´ve just installed MediaPortal and I´m using a Logitech MediaPlay wireless mouse as well, and I´ve downloaded the patch recommended in the above message and I´m testing it. Would you mind sharing your configurations of it for Media Portal? It would help me out to know what to use and then make my own fine tuning! :D

Thanks in advance, regards!

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
Some of the buttons already just work. I have the button that says Media set up to start MP like the green button on the MCE remote. The scroll wheel up/down scroll act as the up/down arrow buttons. The wheel also tilts to the left and right which I use as the left and right arrow buttons in MP (which when playing a video this also does the skip ahead/back function). Play/Pause does just that, volume control works (for computer volume, not my receiver), the fast forward and rewind buttons work as they should too. I'm at work right now so thats about all I can remember.

Btw, I don't use much anymore except for a game of Quake 4 or Painkiller 8) every once in a while since I have the MCE remote, but it's there if I need it. For anyone who doesn't know what we are talking about, the media buttons are also blue backlit. Here is a pic...

mediaplay_big.jpg

lgoulart

Portal Member
September 14, 2005
Brazil
chili said:
Some of the buttons already just work. I have the button that says Media set up to start MP like the green button on the MCE remote. The scroll wheel up/down scroll act as the up/down arrow buttons. The wheel also tilts to the left and right which I use as the left and right arrow buttons in MP (which when playing a video this also does the skip ahead/back function). Play/Pause does just that, volume control works (for computer volume, not my receiver), the fast forward and rewind buttons work as they should too. I'm at work right now so thats about all I can remember.

Btw, I don't use much anymore except for a game of Quake 4 or Painkiller 8) every once in a while since I have the MCE remote, but it's there if I need it. For anyone who doesn't know what we are talking about, the media buttons are also blue backlit. Here is a pic...

mediaplay_big.jpg

Tks for the input. I´m working on its settings to make it work my way. The problem is that there are some many keyboard shortcuts that´s kind of hard to choose which one to use..... And another problem I´m having is with the range of the MediaPlay mouse.... I´m feeling it´s kind of short.... I´ll have to figure something out. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom