Logitech Ultra-X remote control (1 Viewer)

lowtune

November 8, 2005
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has got the logitech ultra-x remote control running under MP with all functions available......i can only use half the keys.

I also wonder how i could make it work myself...

all comments are welcome

ALS324A1

October 31, 2005
Have the same remote, same wishes about it :)

Currently trying to gather maximum info about this hardware and write my own plugin for it. (Although i'm newbie in programming :?)
P.S. Recently experimented with "girder-HID plugin" combination: half-a-work.
P.P.S.
If someone needs some info about subj hardware, feel free to contact me.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I don't have one myself, but you could try this program: http://www.byremote.com.au/

It's freeware and operate similar to Girder but has a *lot* more power as far as I can see. If the Logitech works as a HID USB device then HIP (the program linked to above) can intercept the commands and let you remap them.

Hope this helps...

ALS324A1

October 31, 2005
    HIP also was the variant, but in refuses to work (thru HID interface) with UltraX :(

P.S. As I see and understand, Logitech UltraX Media Remote Receiver identifies by OS as a composite USB device: HID keyboard and 2 HID compartible devices which generates raw codes with similar values (that's why people talk about identical codes from different buttons on remote), but software that comes with remote (MediaLife 2005) distinguishes keycodes by device system subcodes (Vid046d&Pid_c101&Rev_0103&MI_01&Col01 and Vid046d&Pid_c101&Rev_0103&MI_01&Col02)

cruzlee

Portal Member
    June 2, 2006
    and?

Has anybody succeeded already? I have bought the same remote and I would really love to use it, because it is so cheap and so nice to see.

I hope somebody with dev skills buys one very soon! :)

ejoawal

December 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.

I'm also interested in the UltraX remote. What's the latest status? Does the problem with "missing buttons" in MP remain, or has this issue been resolved in any way (latest version, new plugin)?

Br Joakim

Roy

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Bergen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    First draft of a plugin to the UltraX Remote

Good news everyone.. :)

I've developed a very early version of a plugin for the Logitech UltraX Media Remote. You can download it from http://csharp.roysolberg.com/ultrax/.

However, note that this is more of a "proof of concept" than a plugin. It is at the moment not configurable, but it does let you use most of the buttons on the control. My hope is that someone can use this source to create a plugin that can be integrated with the other controls that MediaPortal supports.

Please download it and give it a try. I've successfully installed and used in two computers.

Edit: I've created a new thread for the plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom