Logitech Z Cinema (1 Viewer)

Leodido

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I'm about to buy the Z Cinema system from Logitech which looks really ace, after having searched the forum I have found out that some people are having diffculties with the remote control that comes with it, it supposed to be an MCE remote so it should work fine?

Anyone got some info on this?

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hi,

i have got it and i use a universal remote harmony 885. I just control volume +/- and power on/off with no problem.
If you want to control with the provided remote you will not able to control your HTPC as well.

Leodido

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Why can't I control the HTPC well? I mean the remote has the up/down , left/right control so I could browse mediaportal with no problem to launch movies and tv series?

Leodido

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
ah okay, well that's not really a problem because my HTPC is also used as my main pc etc..

kuntis

Portal Member
July 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ Leodido

Have you bin able to get the remote running with MP?
My problem is that I can use the cros to move but the other buttons do not work!
Do you have any tipps for mit how to get it running on MP?

Leodido

Portal Member
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

To make it work I used a programm called Eventghost. It lets you select actions for each button of your remote control.
Eventghost is free, you can find it using google. You also have to use a special plugin in mediaportal called "MessagePlugin", you can find it here : MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Message Plugin just install it, no need to change any options in it, just ensure it is enabled.

Using evenghost you then need to set it up correctly to use the z cinema and media portal.

When at the main eventghost page, you have to add new plugins (right click and go add plugin), add media portal plugin and Generic HID device(you should have a window appear that has detected the z cinema, select it then add the plugin).

At this point you'll need to configure the keys you want to the media portal action. You'll notice that when you hit a key on your remote, it shows the ID of the key on the eventghost window.

To map a key to a certain action you have to add a "trigger" in the menu on the right window (ie. Cursor Up, Cursor Down, Pause, Play etc...). So for example if you want to configure play pause etc.. first push the button on your remote, check on the eventghost window the ID of the key (ie. HID.Button.6) then go under the pause menu on the right window, click right and choose add trigger, type HID.Button.6 in the name field and click ok.
After this you have to add the actual media portal action, right click in the same menu, choose add action this time, go under media portal submenu and choose "Pause". Click OK and voilà now you remote button will pause the movie in media portal, do the same for the others function and you are done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom