LogoManager 1.0.0.3 [27-11-2022] (1 Viewer)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I try here to join the conversation. first I would like to describe my musing:
    principle is considered that all program logos are a corporate branding. This means that they are legally protected. In this knowledge I then created my logo packet as I have done as little as possible to look at changes..
    with respect to the contrast / background color, this means if necessary, only minimal changes!

below I try to explain the scenario which I have adapted logos.

Black or Dark Background:
    Whenever I am looking for new logos on the internet, I look for templates image with a transparent background, logical.. From my experience I can say that the cases are not found in 30 percent such. So I have to manually remove the background in photoshop (MAGIC STICK WAND function).
    when the resolution of the template is insufficient, occurs at the outer edge of visible pixels. these are especially visible when using a contour. see this example (black background with contour):
    02_pixel-png.135966

However, these pixels are barely visible when a light background.
    03_pixel-png.135967

Most skins are designed dark. that is the reason why in my package only bright (such as glass modern) or transparent logos are available (for blue or dark skins).

Contour
    My settings for the contour function look like:
    01_black_with-kontur-png.135964

• resolution at 200x200 pixel: contour height: 2
    • position: outside (I do not want to change the original, branded logo)
    • opacity: 60 percent
    • colour: white
    the color white with a opacity of 60 percent on a black background looks gray. @azzuro
    The white contour is not seen then in a bright background. a gray outline would be sadly to see.

in my opinion it is not important to many different background templates offer. a transparent background is in most of cases and looks out even better / more professional. act playful colored logos.

Logo resolution
    in my package you have the possibility to choose two different resolutions:
    • 200x200 pixel (unfortunately still not standard in every package)
    • 200x150 pixel (4:3 format)
    the first is quite sufficient and is a good compromise in the file size. only when in the radio logos "great thumbs view" would it be nice to have a larger resolution. I also want to mention: if you do a 200x200pixel logo upsacale the resolution , it looks bad.

04_hilfslinien200px-png.135969

• resolution: 200x200 pixels
    • logo outside edge: maximum 190x190 pixels (see turquoise auxiliary/help lines)

05_hilfslinien150px-png.135970

• resolution: 200x150 pixels
    • logo outside edge: maximum 180x135 pixels
    so is the edge distance sufficient to create a contour.
    Other examples with and without contour / white or dark background:

Now I hope that this compilation is not quite offtopic.
    have a nice weekend
    bribbon

Attachments

• 01_black_with kontur.png
      01_black_with kontur.png
      82.8 KB
    • 02_pixel.png
      02_pixel.png
      14.3 KB
    • 03_pixel.png
      03_pixel.png
      16 KB
    • 04_hilfslinien200px.png
      04_hilfslinien200px.png
      14.9 KB
    • 05_hilfslinien150px.png
      05_hilfslinien150px.png
      12.5 KB
    Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @bribbon
    so are newly introduced effects good enough for your logo usage scenarios? i.e. can you get same result as before, but using only one set of clear logos, logomanager and design settings, and without photoshop?

Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @bribbon
    so are newly introduced effects good enough for your logo usage scenarios? i.e. can you get same result as before, but using only one set of clear logos, logomanager and design settings, and without photoshop?
    I have to first read what you mean. I'm not quite clear how you can use the automated contour. give me a little time..

@Vasilich - Do you speak german? Maybe we can do a chat over skype or others? There are several points I'd like to harmonize with you :) PM me

Last edited:

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Sorry, hope someone can help, I have searched the forums but have been unable to find anything. I have installed the 0.0.0.1 version as well as the test version of LogoManager but when I select the desired logo set, "Package: British Pack", "Channel Group: All Channels", "Design: Classic" and press "Grab Now" the LogoManager message "Generated 0 Logos" appears and after a few seconds disappears with no logos having been downloaded.

Anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Vasilich,

Do you plan to upgrade the plugin (non-dev vesion) with the french repository (available for TV & Radio) and also all the different designs I have provided ?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    and also all the different designs I have provided ?

All your designs AFAIK 196x200 so we have problems adapting them to our standart 200x200. Vasilich spent many hours fixing them but in the end we dropped it and we will include only square designs in standart package.

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    and also all the different designs I have provided ?

All your designs AFAIK 196x200 so we have problems adapting them to our standart 200x200. Vasilich spent many hours fixing them but in the end we dropped it and we will include only square designs in standart package.

I wasn't aware about that. Please find below 200x200 square designs, I hope you will include them with the french repository in the next non-dev version.

Anyway, let me know if there is any problem.

Attachments

• Designs 1.1.rar
      2.8 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom