[confirm] Long pause after stopping video (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Been testing here & can't reproduce, but how many .avi or movies do you have in that share(same folder & do you have large movie images there) & about how long playtime (or MB) is it in that folder & is it local or on network(that was some quests but maybe it will give me some idea)?

Regards
    Roy

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Been testing here & can't reproduce, but how many .avi or movies do you have in that share(same folder & do you have large movie images there) & about how long playtime (or MB) is it in that folder & is it local or on network(that was some quests but maybe it will give me some idea)?

Regards
    Roy

Hi,

There are about 610 movies - 600 .avi's (XVID, AC3) and about 10 or so .mp4's (H264, AAC). The total size must be about 700GB. Its a local 1.5TB internal hard drive.

Please remember this didn't used to happen. Only in recent RC's did this become a problem. So PC speed/HDD shouldn't really be a factor. "Titles" view used to respond instantly to everything with all these movies in the database.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    It's not about speed but how many, if you test with only a few movies in one folder does it still occur then (could be that MP checks the files & that causes hang before it stops & view occur)?

Regards
    Roy

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    It's not about speed but how many, if you test with only a few movies in one folder does it still occur then (could be that MP checks the files & that causes hang before it stops & view occur)?

Regards
    Roy

In MP config, if I select a different default share folder (with say a total 30 video files in subdirectories in that share folder) by checking the box next to a different folder, then the problem does not occur. This is even though I'm in titles view all the time when I load MP. So the contents of the selected shares folder affects the titles view performance when stopping media.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm, yeah those huge folder causes issues again(seen this before but then in shares view) when it shouldn't atleast you have a workaround if you use title view since you could select a folder with less movies in as default...

Dunno what it is maybe arion_p knows what it could be?

Regards
    Roy

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Hmm, yeah those huge folder causes issues again(seen this before but then in shares view) when it shouldn't atleast you have a workaround if you use title view since you could select a folder with less movies in as default...

Dunno what it is maybe arion_p knows what it could be?

Regards
    Roy

Yeah, the workaround actually makes more sense for me! The alternative folder contains some home video clips etc. So when in MP, I can use titles view to view my movie titles in the database and then select shares view to see my home movies. Not sure why I didn't always have it set up like that!

Which brings me to suggest something to properly deal with the above setup which a lot of people may have. Why not have an alternative view to select a different folder, so when i go into "My Videos" and select Change View, I can put a user view entry in there called "My home movies" for example. When this is selected it would display a different folder contents on my harddrive. Eg Given the option I would rename "shares" to "My Home Movies" in my case.

Perhaps users would find that a good way to distinguish between bought movies and home movies? Because I think at the moment the only editable views are based on what is contained within the database and not based on being able to go directly to an alternative folder (using shares view)?

Just a thought.....

Cheers,
    Colin

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Perhaps users would find that a good way to distinguish between bought movies and home movies

Mine are in seperate folders, so I have 2 options, by default in config\video folders, family video folder is default and viewed as shares, then MovingPics is for films, but because I have been involved with doing some testing for Deda's changes to MP's own video section, in shares view if I go up a level and select Movie folder I get https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eo-database-section-my-movies-get-life-84643/

Would be nice too cut down the navigation a bit, but not sure how.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Perhaps users would find that a good way to distinguish between bought movies and home movies

Mine are in seperate folders, so I have 2 options, by default in config\video folders, family video folder is default and viewed as shares, then MovingPics is for films, but because I have been involved with doing some testing for Deda's changes to MP's own video section, in shares view if I go up a level and select Movie folder I get https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eo-database-section-my-movies-get-life-84643/

Add an additional view choice in MP. So where you select to view "Shares", "titles", "genre" etc, add an additional "shares" view that you can name whatever you want. This will then appear in MP config as a 2nd "shares" directory you can specify :0)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Add an additional view choice in MP. So where you select to view "Shares", "titles", "genre" etc, add an additional "shares" view that you can name whatever you want. This will then appear in MP config as a 2nd "shares" directory you can specify :0)

Since you can specify as many directories as you want in shares view, I don't see the need for this.

Mark

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country

Since you can specify as many directories as you want in shares view, I don't see the need for this.

Mark

"Would be nice too cut down the navigation a bit, but not sure how." - Thats why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom