Looking for a skin designer and fresh ideas (1 Viewer)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...for not yet released code/components for MediaPortal. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Requirements:
    • Simple design, not overdone, not the hundredth version of the same principle, simple, elegant but not boring, can still be playful.
    • Original graphics, no copyright violations inside the design elements.
    • Easy to use and navigate. You can break with any current paradigm
    • Does not have to obey any current Skin Engine limitations of MP
    • Can work with full 3D geometry, light sources, animations, shading whatever
    • Must work on smaller displays as well from a design principle or can be reduced to work on them
    • Must be compatible with touch screen technology
    • All major parts of MP must be covered in the end but we can start with any and take it from there.
    • You can include plugins of course, but don't need to be constraint by what they can do now.
    PSD mockups, rendered objects anything is fine. Think of building a prototype that will dictate a lot of code that will be implemented. It will be prototyped as long as needed, including bug fixing of new skin engine stuff that is needed.

No restrictions what so ever. Basically design the media center interface you dreamed of but never got.

This will be a longer term project working together and of course tested by the MP community in forms of prototypes. These are just for testing the interface that can be installed in parallel to existing MP installations as the prototype will be independent of the installation but might leverage existing database and settings for more "real usage" feeling.

Once a certain level is reached on the design, it will result in actual code for MP itself as well as related plugins planned or needed.

So if you are interested post your ideas. Even if you are not a designer feel free to brainstorm here about design and usage principle you like to see in a media center but never got.

Last edited:
    J

joostzilla

Seems a designers dream. I wish i could participate in this project but my health and my current projects just don't allow for it.
    Let's hope you find the right person for your project.(y)(y)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Every input is welcome, but of course some designers need to take up the job before it can be discussed, worked on and tweaked.

Will probably take a while until some basic mockups of fresh ideas show up. But I am sure some of our great community or team designers will take up the challenge.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No hundreds of different windows, just one unified area where everything is accessed from.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
      test1.jpg
      956.7 KB

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    wizard123, that looks great. It would actually be quite easy to implement in MediaPortal iViewer if all media types follow similar design;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yea the idea would be for everything to follow the same design so this is in essence your " basichome " but you never leave it to go to movies or series etc they are all accessible from this single place. Once thing i can not stand design wise is the sheer amount of windows we have and it only gets worse the more plugins you install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom