Looking for a Video File Converter!!!! (1 Viewer)

R

Rosentry

Hi People,
We recently were on a tour to some beautiful places and have a video record of this. All my friends are wiling to watch this on a DVD on the big screen but I need to convert the video files into DVD format. Can anyone provide me with a software/site that can make me watch this video with my friends as we wish!!!!

piercy007

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Liverpool
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

What format is the master file in? There are lots of programmes that will do this task but the process would be:

Convert file to MPEG2
Construct DVD structure
Burn to disk

Paid for software such as Nero 8 will do this from stat to finish however there are lots of options depending on your set up and the original file

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Quote from this website:
    WinAVI Video Converter
    Convert all the popular AV formats, at an unmatchable speed and high quality! Supports burning. The Wizard of AV conversion.

I have used it many times with good results. Unfortunately not free.

The free SuperC also works great, but might require a bit more manual work after conversion...

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here is my way to help all like myself whom have wanted to convert their Media Portal TV files and Burn to DVD but couldn’t find an easy way to accomplish this.
    This one turned out to be the easiest and no hassles IMHO.

After Much Trial and Error with other programs and such here is how I was able to convert .ts file or mpeg-ts (With Sound) to DVD Format.

To Convert Mpeg-TS file or .ts file
    Goto Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows and download “MPEG StreamClip” Open Source
    Note when using you may need to uninstall your quick time and use this one.
    Install QuickTime Alternative 1.81 (exactly this version) with the Extra QuickTime plugins.
    Download QuickTime Alternative 1.81 - FileHippo.com
    Once you install Mpeg StreamClip goto file and click open file then browse to your folder with your mpeg-ts files in it.
    Note you can select more then one to convert.
    Once Loaded go back to file and click Convert to Mpeg.(Seemed to me to be very fast like 30 secs for a 400 meg file)
    I really only tried a few of them like Export to AVI (Didn’t Work) and also (Export to Mpeg-4) didn’t work
    Note: Where ever the .exe file is for Mpeg StreamClip is where the clip should be copied
    That’s it for Mpeg StreamClip

To Burn to DVD:
    I am sure any regular Burning software that will make DVD will work however
    I also tried to use Nero 7 to burn DVD however it kept freezing while transcoding was almost complete.
    I then used DVD http:/www.dvdflick.net/ to Make Menus and to burn image to DVD no issue took 1 hr to burn 3 half hour shows = 1.50hr DVD Video
    Note: DVD Flick comes default with limited menu options however there are a lot of forums out there where you can install extra one.
    See: DVD Flick • View topic - [STICKY] Your own menu templates go here

This is just my way of accomplishing this task however i am sure there are 50 different ways to do this.

Thanks,
    ccna55
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom