Looking for fast 16:9 skin (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hi!

I will be running mediaportal on slow 900mhz machine with integrated video card and 512MB of RAM so i'm looking for most lightweight skin with as little animations as possible.

I saw SimpleMP, but unfortunately is 4:3 and heavily outdated.

Any suggestions?

Also is there anything else i can do to optimize MP for slow computer?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    try MP 1.0 Final or XBMC
    if running older version of MP use the graphic textures hack (helps if you gfx card has small memory)

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    XBMC looks nice, but as far as i see, tv support is horrible.

I would try running MP1.0, but i'm concerned about IPTV support. Do plugin still applies to that old version?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't use internet TV so I can't comment.

Yes XBMC doesn't support live TV, I erronously assumed based on ur specs of a slow pc that you wouldn't be running live tv.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Well live TV works great on this machine. Pausing is instant and rewinding is OK. Just interface is slow.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You could try BleazleWide: Don't select the fading images option or MovingPictures category images - the cache size will be smaller than what you'll get with Blue3Wide which should (hopefully) allow your system to run it OK.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I have just installed XBMC on same slow machine and i'm stunned. All animations are fluent and interface is working at full speed.:eek:. I haven't changed anything, it's on default settings.

Why the hell is the mediaportal so slow?:(:mad:

EDIT: same on my desktop machine with dual core and 8800GT. I thought mediaportal was fast here, but now it looks like XBMC on slow machine is faster than mediaportal on the desktop. What is wrong with mediaportal?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mediaportal is very old (?6+ years) and the core programing of mediaportal was never designed to do all the fancy things it can do today. This is why work has started on a completely new version mediaportal 2, which may come out at the end of this year or sometime next year.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I hope than MP2 will be more optimized. XBMC is nice, but it still can't reach all features and customization of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom