MP2 Product Manager
- May 16, 2008
Software Developer C#
The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis
Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us!
What we offer:
- Almost unlimited creative leeway
- The possibility to closely work with a small international team of developers, designers and testers
- Broadening of your own software skills through interaction with opther developers
- Take an indicatory role in the continuous development of a great open source project
- Sound C# programming skills
- Knowledge about graphical interfaces (DX11, WPF, graphical effects,...) would be a plus
Did we engage your interest? Then send a PM to HTPCSourcer
MediaPortal's roots lie in the XBox Media Center (XBMC) project which aimed to build a media center application for the Microsoft XBox gaming console. More than 10 years of software development had led to a fantastic product that today is used by ten thousands of people.
MediaPortal 2.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional metadata (e.g. actor, director and much more) that are automatically downloaded from the internet. MediaPortal 2.1 also provides access to online video sources such as Amazon Prime. Integrated news, weather information and digital image management complement this software package.