Looking for new display (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm looking for a new display to replace my Samsung 32". Despite the enormous choice that is proving difficult. I want 24p (Blu-Ray and recorded HDTV) and 50p (live and recorded DVB-T SD PAL) material to be absolutely smooth. Of course in full HD.

The latter is not a problem, all TVs sold here have 50, 100, 200 or even 400 (for 3D) Hz refresh rates. Most of them also accept 24p input (some even bother to mention it in the specifications).

I'm looking at Samsung, LG, Sony Philips and Panasonic, all use a lot of marketing bla-bla to explain they have the best image, but none of them explain how they realize 24p on these refresh rates. Most reviews on the net are about US models that have 120 or 240 Hz refresh rates, but that does not pose a problem for 24p material. In the shops the expert advice does not get much further than reading the price card out loud.

I think I would prefer to have a TV that switches between 100Hz for 50p material and 96Hz for 24p material. Or should I be looking for someting else?

Can anybody recommend (with arguments) a good 40 or 42 inch screen that is perfect for 24p and 50p material?

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, I have not made any progress. The TV that is there is fine so I'm not in a hurry.

Shopping for one is just frustrating. Really haven't found anybody that can say something sensible about this 24p issue other that most sets can do this. Maybe the newer sets are all ok, I do not know.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom