Looking for some help with Worldweather files for Titan (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi everyone,

I locate this thread in the normal skin area because I need some advice from skinners, not specific a Titan skin dev.

As you have seen maybe, I'm busy with creating skinfiles of Worldweather for Titan.. I like to include an hiddenmenu instead of the buttons on the homescreen to make the look a bit more "clear".

The hidden menu is working (kind of) but it's behavior is very strange and I can't get it fixed.. I have made an Worldweather.hiddenmenu.xml file, and added this file to Worldweather.xml using: <import>Worldweather.hiddenmenu.xml</import>

-First problem is that the hiddenmenu doesn't appear when I press the left arrow. First I need to move the mouse. Than the hiddenmenu appears, and after that I'm free to press the buttons, and also when I press the right button when it's open the menu disappears..

-Another problem is that the buttons in the hiddenmenu are still responding, even when the hiddenmenu is closed! So with the menu closed, the plugin is still changing the "view" when I press the enter button by example while it shouldn't do anything..

-Last problem is that I can't get the hiddenmenu tab only visible when the hiddenmenu is hidden! Normally this is easy to fix, but I can't get it done with strings such as: "<visible>!Control.HasFocus(50)+control.isvisible(50)</visible>"

Can someone can take a look at the included files? I have spent serveral hours now, but can't get it done.. :(

The hiddenmenu is created with the one from movingpictures as an example.

I hope I can get some help with this!

Only the WorldWeatherNormalCondition.xml file is finished, so don't expect to much.. ;)

BTW: This version is working with the latest builds of Worldweather..

ALL images go into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Media
    XML files should be here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• WW2.jpg
      WW2.jpg
      537.8 KB
    • WW.jpg
      WW.jpg
      469.7 KB
    • WW for Titan 0.1 Alpha.zip
      443 KB
    Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Easy fix
    Your facade with id 50 has condition
    <visible>!control.HasFocus(50)</visible>
    ;)
    Looks like WorldWeather managing focusing controls manually in code. Or maybe some evil condition is preventing hidden menu to hide sometimes

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you sure your work isn't being duplicated internally already? :D

Sory, I can't follow you here.. What do you mean? That I posted my mockups in the internal WW forum allready? Shure, but I can't get my answers there I'm affraid, so starting a new thread in the skin section was better I thought..

:)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I mean;

is someone else not also making the skins already, which I expect will be released very soon :D

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Easy fix
    Your facade with id 50 has condition
    <visible>!control.HasFocus(50)</visible>
    ;)
    Looks like WorldWeather managing focusing controls manually in code. Or maybe some evil condition is preventing hidden menu to hide sometimes

Thanks Edalex.. Wich facade do you mean? What should I change? There are a lot of entries with: <visible>!control.HasFocus(50)</visible>

I'm also affraid that some things are controlled in the code from WW itself, so I'm not shure if a full function hidden menu is possible, and micropolis couldn't tell me that eighter.. :(

Hope someone know what to do! :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I mean;

is someone else not also making the skins already, which I expect will be released very soon :D

Ooooooh, I'm sory, now I understand.. :p

Well, yes, there will be some WW fiels released soon.. But they will look like the same as Titan light (I'm almost shure), so a bit simple and clear.. (nothing wrong with that) but I like another lay-out including an hidden menu in stead of a lot of buttons visible in the plugin.. So I want to publish this files as a kind of mod.. :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...probably you have to set a dummy button to manage properly the visible conditions of hidden menù ;)

Thanks. I'm searching on Google now for "mediaportal dummy button" but I can't find some good information yet.. Can you explain how I add a "dummy button"? :)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    You have to add to your xml moreless a code like this:

<control>
    <description>Dummy</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>5555</id>
    <posY>-100</posY>
    <onup>first ID of your hidden menù</onup>
    <ondown>first ID of your hidden menù</ondown>
    <onleft>first ID of your hidden menù</onleft>
    <onright>first ID of your hidden menù</onright>
    </control>
    at the beginning of your xml you have to put this:
    <defaultcontrol>5555</defaultcontrol>
    ...and each button of your hidden menù must have the property <onright>5555</onright> (or onleft if the menù is on the right).

This because WW main screen does not contains any facade with ID50 (the facade control is only in Satellite Image View) so you cannot manage hidden menù with visible condition based on facade control.
    I've used the method above, for example, skinning HTPCInfo for my skin Xtreme, and it works fine.
    Take a try

Hope this can help
    Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom