Losing Remote w/ External Player for DVD/Disc Images. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Experiencing a strange issue.

With my MediaPortal 1.13, on my Windows 10 HTPC, I use MovingPictures for movies, and have Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra setup as the external player for ISO's. This combination works flawlessly - no problems. All my BD & DVD ISO's launch in PowerDVD, remote control works fine & everything works flawlessly.

I went ahead & set the "Use external player" option under MediaPortal Configuration for DVD/Disc Images, and set the path & parameters exactly the same as I have in MovingPictures.

When I play a DVD in MediaPortal (TV Series or Music Videos), it does launch PowerDVD and start playing the DVD ISO - however - I lose my remote control. I can no longer use my remote control - it loses all connectivity with MediaPortal. I can use a Keyboard to navigate & control; but even if I close PowerDVD manually, my remote control doesn't function anymore. I have to restart MediaPortal to get the remote control back.

It's odd because I'm using the same options & parameters, and MovingPictures launches ISO's in PowerDVD and I don't lose remote. Remote functions as normal and everything works flawlessly. But launching DVD ISO's using the MediaPortal external player options makes me lose remote.

I'm able to use the internal MediaPortal DVD player for playing DVD's, but I prefer the external player. The menu and intros on some of my DVD ISO's hesitate using the MediaPortal built-in DVD ISO player; but they work flawlessly using external player like PowerDVD.

Logs are attached.

Settings in MediaPortal Configuration to use External Player for DVD ISO's -- Loses remote:

MP_012916_A.png

Settings in MovingPictures Configuration to use External Player for ISO's -- Does not lose remote:

MP_012916_B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom