Loss of Audio then picture freeze (1 Viewer)

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I thought I had the perfect reliable MP 1.13 but it appears not.
    After a random time while watching live TV the sound/audio will cease - the video continues for a little while then freezes.

If I change channel while the audio is not working the audio the audio returns. The audio is working from the PC - if I got the windows "playback devices" and perform a test, the audio works fine.
    Any help would be good.

Thanks.

Attached is the log.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I reckon this links back to your recent thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/live-tv-play-recorded-tv-play-stop.133420/

I've really got nothing further to add to what I already said in this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/live-tv-play-recorded-tv-play-stop.133420/#post-1171877

There are long periods in your log files where "High Definition Audio Device" is almost continuously disconnecting and reconnecting. At times it mysteriously stops; later it mysteriously restarts. As you previously said, the Realtek software/drivers were generating an annoying popup which seemed to corroborate what MP is seeing. With the greatest respect, uninstalling those drivers to get rid of the popup seems a bit like burying your head in the sand and hoping the problem will go away. Unfortunately I don't think it will. In my opinion both the popup and the MP issues are merely symptoms of an underlying problem. Until you solve the problem these and other symptoms will continue to plague you. I firmly believe you've got to figure out whatever is causing the connection/disconnection cycle... and fix it.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    uninstalling those drivers to get rid of the popup seems a bit like burying your head in the sand and hoping the problem will go away.
    Not at all, it got rid of the annoying popups which were very irritating (and it demonstrated to me that those drivers were not necessary as I did not notice any difference to the audio quality; I do not like having unnecessary bloat programs on my PCs

I have since RTFM of the audio codec section of the Wiki and configured as shown there. I will see how that goes.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not at all, it got rid of the annoying popups which were very irritating (and it demonstrated to me that those drivers were not necessary as I did not notice any difference to the audio quality; I do not like having unnecessary bloat programs on my PCs
    The point I was trying to make is that to me it looks like the same problem is still happening. Swapping drivers only got rid of the visual notification. That's my theory anyway...

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It is still a valid fault finding step to remove modules / drivers to ascertain if they contribute to the issues. In this case it seems not to contribute so I can rule out the realtek drivers causing issues as the problem still occurs with them removed (and more importantly, the audio still functions with what appears to be no audio degradation that I can detect using my uncalibrated MK 1 ears).

Swapping drivers only got rid of the visual notification.

Which was a good thing IMHO as I had to use the mouse to close it and it would immediately reappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom