Lost EPG / Channels won't tune (1 Viewer)

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
OK, a strange issue; after a reinstall of Win7 and install on 1.2.0 all seemed to be going OK until this evening when I came to watch TV and there was no info on the EPG and the channels won't tune. It's a single seat server so connect isn't a problem and its damn frustrating; since I reinstalled about 3wks ago I've not had a problem and I though MP was getting much better since 1.1 but this has knocked my confidence. :(

I've zipped the logs from the MP bit only as the generated debug ones are 19MB!!

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
OK, saw this thread about database corruption and it did throw up some corruption and was repaired; TV was still giving unknown error so I rebooted and all is fine again. Maybe I need to put in a DB check on boot.

Strange though as I would love to find out what caused this in the first place - a bit of confidence restored :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi feriso

When the database gets corrupted it is generally because data is not written to the HDD. That can happen in several ways including:
    - software crash
    - system BSOD
    - loss of power

I see quite a few people with corrupt MySQL databases but I've never seen a report of a corrupt SQL Server database. The main point causing the difference in reliability is that we use MyISAM tables (which don't support transactions) for MySQL, whereas SQL Server access always uses transactions. Using MyISAM makes database access faster, but it also makes the database more prone to corruption. If you want bulletproof reliability then you're possibly better to choose SQL Server.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom