[confirm] Lost tv server connection etc (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is a single seat installation with 1.3 beta.

I use the Djblu plugin on the tv server to scan for channels and grab the epg and to sort the channels to an extent.
But i have connection to tv server lost and restarting the pc does not always fix the issue.

Code:
2013-01-28 03:33:35.430101 [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread(30)]: TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (CardByIndex) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.5:31456
2013-01-28 03:33:39.441331 [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread(30)]: TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2013-01-28 03:33:44.440616 [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread(30)]: TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.

like now the tvservice is not running all by itself it turned off while just sat here, when i start tv server config it says tv service not running do you want to start it, i tick yes and the config eventually opens, i then click on manual control and i get a error message stating the TVservice is not running??
Some very strange things happening with this version of tv server or plugin, but basically means i cant use mediaportal as it stands because the tv server does not run for long enough to do anything lol

also when i click on ok to exit the tvserver config sometimes it sits there goes to not responding and then comes back to repond but doesnt close lol and i have to shut it down via task manager.

This behaviour only started recently and never happened with 1.3 Alpha, i dont have any firewalls etc and all was working fine untill recently as i say.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
Code:
Open up a command prompt (as admin if Vista / Win7)
navigate to MySQL Bin folder (is C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1\\bin for me) and enter

mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair MPTVDB

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaP
ortal --auto-repair MPTVDB
mptvdb.canceledschedule							OK
mptvdb.card										OK
mptvdb.cardgroup								  OK
mptvdb.cardgroupmap								OK
mptvdb.channel									OK
mptvdb.channelgroup								OK
mptvdb.channellinkagemap						  OK
mptvdb.channelmap								  OK
mptvdb.conflict									OK
mptvdb.diseqcmotor								OK
mptvdb.favorite									OK
mptvdb.groupmap									OK
mptvdb.history									OK
mptvdb.keyword									OK
mptvdb.keywordmap								  OK
mptvdb.pendingdeletion							OK
mptvdb.personaltvguidemap						  OK
mptvdb.program									OK
mptvdb.radiochannelgroup						  OK
mptvdb.radiogroupmap							  OK
mptvdb.recording								  OK
mptvdb.satellite								  OK
mptvdb.schedule									OK
mptvdb.server									  OK
mptvdb.setting									OK
mptvdb.softwareencoder							OK
mptvdb.timespan									OK
mptvdb.tuningdetail								OK
mptvdb.tvmoviemapping							  OK
mptvdb.version									OK

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>

does this mean anything other than its ok?

will see how things go thanks, tv service is running again for longer than it was so hope its fixed but a bit early to say for sure. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
so far so good, will report back if any issues occur but at present its running ok, wonder what is causing the corruption ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom