lots of discontinuities with cine s2 v6 on dedicated TV-Server (1 Viewer)

BuzzD

Portal Pro
April 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,​
I'm running MediaPortal 1.2.3 as a dedicated TV-server on a Windows 7 Professional 64bit.​
I've been using a cine s2 v5 and now use a cine s2 v6.​
Suddenly and without me changing anything in the config, the tv-stream isn't working anymore. Signal Level and quality are at 100%. But less ts-packets than usual are beeing processed and there are lots of discontinuities when starting timeshift via manual control.​
This doesn't seem to be a problem with the tv-card since the same problem occurs both with the cine s2 v5 (which i had sent to digital devices and was not defective) and the cine s2 v6 I'm currently using.​
If i use DVB Viewer to test the signal, the reception is perfect with no stuttering whatsoever. I'm using the most recent drivers (2.4.0.60) and have been using them smoothly before the problem occured.​
When using a different tv-card that I found in my hardwarebox, the tv works.​
Has anybody a similar setting and experienced these problems?​
I tried reinstalling mediaportal. That fixed the problem for about 5 minutes, then it happened again.​
I'f I should post logfiles, please tell me which and I will do so.​
German Thread:​
Hallo, ich habe einen PC als dedizierten TV-Server mit MediaPortal 1.2.3. Betriebssystem ist Windows 7 64bit.​
Als TV-karte kommt eine Cine S2 v6 zum Einsatz. Davor war eine Cines2 v5 drin.​
Plötzlich und ohne, dass ich etwas verändert hätte, funktionierte das Fernsehen nicht mehr. Die Empfangsqualität liegt bei 100%, es werden jedoch weniger TS-Pakete verarbeitet als normalerweise und ich hab jede Menge Discontinuities (wenn ich via Manual Control auf dem Server einen Sender starte). An der Karte liegt es scheinbar nicht, davor war wie gesagt eine v5 drin und da bestand das Problem auch schon. Mit DVB-Viewer ist der Empfang aber einwandfrei. Die Treiber sind aktuell (2.4.0.60).​
hat jemand 'ne Idee, woran das liegen könnte? Oder was für logfiles ich wie erstellen sollte, um dem Problem auf die Spur zu kommen?​

Last edited:

BuzzD

Portal Pro
April 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
It seems, I've found the problem: it was "Microsoft sevurity essentials that tried to scan everything that was written on my hdd. Strange that this didn't happen before since I've been using MSE for quite some time now.

fkremser

Portal Member
March 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi BuzzD,

thank you very much! I had the same problem with my TVServer.
The server service worked properly for several months. Suddenly channel switching began to take more and more time. After some additional days, TV is not working any more and Manual Control shows lots of discontinuities. Even rebooting the machine does not help. I decided to turn off the TVServer machine for some days. After that period, the server worked again for some time, before problems reoccure! DVBViewer works perfect.
Switching off Security Essentials solved the problem! Strange, that it takes some weeks, before Security Essentials causes the problem.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom