Lots of errors shown after configuring MP2 server (1 Viewer)

DHT

June 28, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I installed the full MP2 suite. The configured the backend, after which I was able to watch FTA channels.
After a restart, I wanted to configure the CI, but get this error screen.
MediaPortal_errors.jpg

(Apologies for the partlal text being in Dutch).
Reinstalling (server only) doesn't help, not even after a clean up of all leftovers in the registry and filesystem (ntfs).
I'm running Windows 10 Pro with Kodi, which I want to use as backend.
My DVB-S2 card is the Mistyque Satix Dual PCIe with CI module. The card works fine, was not able to test the CI yet.

Please suggest how to approach this issue, I would very much like to use your MP2 server on my PC.
Thanks

DHT

June 28, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sure no probs, Already had a quick look, didn't find something of importance, but I may be wrong.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I thought:;

[2016-06-28 19:58:56,550] [6343 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:172.19.3.177
    [2016-06-28 19:58:57,191] [6984 ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    The IP address of your server PC changed after the initial install of MP2. You will either need to restore the initial IP address or edit the sql database and change the stored address to reflect the current one.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Did your Tuner / CI combo work before? I'm asking because on the Mystique website there is no DVB-S dual tuner card that can be used together with a CI at all... Only the KNC based Mystique cards have a connection for the CI module and they are single tuner only...
    As far as I know only DigitalDevices Dual Tuner cards are working with one CI for multiple tuner... All other dual solutions needs one CI per Tuner...

Have you tried to remove the CI and see, if it is running again?

or edit the sql database and change the stored address to reflect the current one.
    In my DB there only is the SMB name of the server stored, not the IP address.

Maybe this name now is bound to a different network adapter (e.g. 127.0.0.1 or similar...)

As a second test (after removing the CI without success) I would stop the MP2 server if it's running, move the DB away (not delete it, just move it to a different place) and restart the MP2 server again. Now a new DB is created and you can compare what's different...

I can imagine that you have more than one network card in your system. Even virtual ones can cause such issues, if the priority did change for what reason ever.

If you don't find the db, it is in "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db", if you don't alter the installation path manually.

DHT

June 28, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, Thanks for your swift responses, appreciate that !
    I had MP2 uninstalled, and reinstalled after removing the Database from C:\Program Data indeed, no more errors.
    It's not about any other network cards, I just entered the IP address of the Windows machine to be able to stream from other clients.

Second topic is the CI support indeed, I can't get it to function yet.
    I have this card (V2) for some years already, and can't remember if the CI worked back then. Frankly, I don't think so,
    I abandoned my efforts on it and used Linux based Set Top boxes since then. I now have a Mutant HD2400, but I want to have TV and media in one box really.
    I checked your website before installing MP2, At least the Mistyque SATIX is listed, not sure about the CI. My experience is that the the card is largely the same as the Digital Devices card, and I was/am using the Digital Devices drivers on Linux and now on Windows.
    I am able now to open FTA channels, but only with audio, not sure why that is. WMP is installed.

Thanks again for the great support !
    If I get this to work I will donate :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just entered the IP address of the Windows machine to be able to stream from other clients.
    That's not possible - there may only be one server. Actually the TVServer config contains some settings, which have no meaning in MP2 but can lead to issues if not set correctly. Something that the team will eventually work on.

My experience is that the the card is largely the same as the Digital Devices card, and I was/am using the Digital Devices drivers on Linux and now on Windows.
    Such cards often come with proprietary software, or sometimes it can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Check out if there is something available and test your hardware with it. If CAM/CI then still don't function, the hardware is probably damaged. Regardless I don't think that running a DigitalDevices driver for other hardware will give you the functionality you are looking for. Largely the same is not entirely the same and the CAM part may be tricky. Isn't there an original driver that you could use?

DHT

June 28, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, clear message, and it seems to be true. I've installed tha Mystique driver, and MP2 is still not able to see the CI.

I'm wondering if there is a softcam server/reader plugin for MP2. I still have some readers, like the WINTV-CI-USB2 11000 LF, which I found working drivers for.
    Also, one of those plugins may be "Acam"?

Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SoftCams are nothing we're talking about in this forum... This forum is hosted in Germany and in Germany softcams are not legal...
    You need to search somewhere else to find out how this is working in MP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom