Low volume MP 1.3 and LAV filters. (1 Viewer)

sputnik

February 1, 2007
Firstly, 1.3 is awesome. Thanks team.

I have used the LAV filter pack, but am having issues with very low volumes and different volumes between TV channels and movies.

My system connects via a SoundBlaster card using SPDIF to my amp. The amp is a pretty cheap one so I cannot Bitstream many formats, (I think Dolby only).

Previously I was using a bunch of different codecs, and audio was generally very good. I would like to stick with LAV filters as its a LOT simpler. Has anyone got any advice on volumes? (A pointer to a step-by-step fix would be best).

Or do I bite the bullet and buy an amp that supports DTS etc ?

Windows volumes are set to max, MP volume is set to max.

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got the same problem with the LAV filter. Its not with all movies/series. Changed the audiofilter in the MP config and the sounds was normal again.

I'm also connected with SPDIF.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are having trouble due to lack of options in lav audio filter, then ffdshow audio allows more customization with regards to mixing and output as well as supporting a profile based system. It is more complicated to set up. I think the first step is for you to list what audio formats your audio receiver can handle over spdif by consulting your manual or an online pdf manual.

Most importantly

Does it take AC3? DTS? PCM?

PS. Since You are using SPDIF you do realize that windows volume should be set to MAX, and you should only use the volume control on your stereo to change the volume?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom