m2ts files won't start playing in MePo (1 Viewer)

onderduiker

Portal Member
September 28, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp 1.4.10
Windows Version: 7 32bit
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
Memory: 2,00GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Video Card Driver: 258.96
Sound Card: Auzentech explosion
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 5.00
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 5.00
h.264 Video Codec: SAF 5.00

I don't know anymore.
I can't play m2ts files from MePo (and recently found a MKV file that won't play).
If I click on the file the screen blanks and immediately goes back. So it won't start.
I tried to play the m2ts files with Graphstudio and there is no problem at all, the files playing fine !
So if I understand right it is a player problem and not a codec problem. I tried SAF and SAF 5.00 and both have the same problem.
Everything in MePo is set as in the thread. I use passtrough to my receiver.
Before I used XBMC and there where also no problems to play the m2ts files. But I wan't to use spotify and that is working great in MePo.
Playing the m2ts files with total media theatre is also no problem and they play fine.
Can anyone give me a hint in the right direction ? :D

onderduiker

Portal Member
September 28, 2007
Both......thanks for thinking...

schumach
Where can I find the error log? It is not in the log directory.

hoborg
FFD audio decoder was enabled in the postprocessing. I disabled it and the MKV (the one that didn't started) plays fine now, thanks. But the m2ts files still not working. Is it possible that the DTS-master stream has something to do with it ?
But like I said, with graphstudio the m2ts files are playing fine.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same thing here. SAF4.0 installed, m2ts wont start, FFDShow is enabled in post processing but was instructed to do so by SAF4.0.

Libra

Portal Member
    August 11, 2010
    Moscow
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    ... Is it possible that the DTS-master stream has something to do with it ?...

Yes, it can and it is likely there. I have the same situation if the first audio stream in m2ts is DTS-HD or True-HD, but audio codec is not possible to play it (for example, is not configured bitstream to receiver or receiver not power on)

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    To create an error log exit out of MP and start it up in debug mode (found in programs under mediaportal). Select the second option and click proceed. MP will start, perform the task you are having issues with and then close MP. A zip file is created. Unzip the file and you will find the error.log file in there. You can also go through the Mediaportal.log file. Doing a search on the mediaportal.log file for .m2ts should help narrow down the area to look at. Hope that helps.

schumach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom