m3u Playlist support

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by ed76, February 13, 2014.

1. ed76
    • Premium Supporter

ed76 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    i want to know how i can play the http/rtsp/rtmp-links within a m3u playlist with onlinevideos. inside the m3u-playlist it looks like this:

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,Channel 1
    rtsp://217.115.145.182:1935/live/mp4:channel1_2
    #EXTINF:-1,Channel 2
    http://82.228.10.3:8080/udp/239.2.0.98:1234

is this possible? onlinevideos should download the playlist and then show me a list like:
    Channel 1
    Channel 2

i tested a little bit but without success. it would be very nice if anyone can help me. thanks in advance!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ed76
    • Premium Supporter

ed76 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    i have spend a lot of time but cant get it to work. one question: is it in generall possible to get this to work. if not i can stop to spend more time on this....

4. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

offbyone Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You need to write a c# site util to get m3u support. In the Configuration window you can create a new generic site and add the urls as channels directly. But RTSP protocol is not supported. You should add these to the tv server as iptv channels with georgius' reworked filter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. ed76
    • Premium Supporter

ed76 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    thank you. i think this will not work with mediaportal. the m3u playlists or xml files become updated every day. the probleme with tv server is, i have to scan manually with every change in m3u file, right? that would be not very comfortable.
    there are also daily updated xml files with live streams. i think they will also not work with onlinevieos?

maybe you find a way to get this playlist files working within onlinevideos because such playlists are very common and popular. i think i am not the only one who would use this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!