Macro Issue For ALT+ENTER (1 Viewer)

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
Hi All.

A bit frustrated here. I've been trying to create a macro against the "red" button on my MCE remote to simulate me pressing ALT+ENTER at the same time on the keyboard. The reason for this is I'm suffering from the "half fullscreen" HDMI issue so I just wanted a button that could maximise MediaPortal. If I use a keyboard to press ALT+ENTER, wait a few seconds, then press ALT+ENTER again, it maximises without an issue.

However, whether I create a keystroke macro ("%{ENTER}") and apply to the red button (no condition), or use Translator to do the same, it minimises in a strange way, basically making MediaPortal tiny, then if you press it again it goes back to half size :confused:

If I map the same macro to some random button on my TV remote, it works fine. Seems any button on my MCE (Abstract?) remote, does something strange with the macro (tried the blue button, and the zoom button to no avail).

Does anyone have a suggestion? Can anyone replicate?

Cheers,

callsignapollo

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there

I do not have the half fullscreen problem so I do not know if this will work for you.
    It is just an autoit script sending ALT-ENTER, then wait 5 sec, then ALT-ENTER again.

Assigned it in Translator to blue button running the program.
    Tested with my MP and all seems fine.

Attachments

• alt_enter_x2.zip
      278.9 KB

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    Hi rekenaar,

Thanks, I would like to test this but I'm not sure what to do with the .exe in your zip file. If I click on it, it just opens the properties if the file (tried on two PC's), and the Translator tool only allows import/open from xml.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Open Translator
    Ensure Programs-tab is selected
    Click NEW
    Press the remote-button you want to use
    You will then get the BUTTON MAPPING window
    Select the RUN-tab
    Select my exe file in the Application field
    Click SET
    No use to test - as you already discovered since you will only see the desired effect when MP has focus. In explorer, ALT-Enter will only open properties.
    Click OK until Translator gone
    Open MP
    Press the new button and see if it works

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Glad it worked for you :)

How did you write the macro?
    It is an AutoIt script compiled to an exe file.
    Hours and hour of sweat and concentration to produce it so please do not leak out the source, but here it is:
    Code:
    Send("!{ENTER}")
    Sleep(5000)
    Send("!{ENTER}")
    ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom