Macros not running (1 Viewer)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i would suggest you to try the method with the second layer for testing the macro, instead of using multi mapping feature.
    If you want to use the multi mapping feature which is really good because you get a notice which mapping is active (MPContolPlugin is the name of the default mapping) you have to delete all default mappings in the section "Remote Controls" (mapping_1.png). then define the different mapping in the "multi-mapping" section (screenshot 2).

mapping_1.png multi_mapping.png

I had big problems with double actions and keypresses as i had buttons mapped within the "remote control" section and a mapping named "MPControlplugin" in the "multi mapping" section. because of this i have two mappings named "standard" and "ambilight".

I suggest you to backup the different *.xml files for the hole remote control mappings. You can find the files under "C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\MP Control Plugin" and "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings".

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    OK so I got the Layer 1/Layer 2 example a bit closer to working (The Multimapping seemed to involved). I just associated the "Remote 1" directly to one of my buttons (not even through a macro) and it doesn't do anything in MP. I hear the sound associated to the action but no numbers are sent to MP. I was in the guide screen so I would expect "Remote 1" to send a 1 to the guide and take me to channel 1.

I noticed from your screenshots that you have "MCE Remote" set on the "Remote Controls" tab. I have "Abstract Remote Model"....is this causing any of these problems?

When I go look at what is defined for the actual button 1 on my remote it sends a key press 49

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm i dont know if thats maybe a problem...for me its working fine with the MCE Remote.... if you want to test the MCE Device, you have to disable the "use abstract remote model" checkbox in the advanced IR Server Configuration.
    If some Buttons dont work, you have to add them to the MCE Remote Mapping within the "remote control" part of the MP Control Plugin.
    Maybe its a problem that some buttons are handled as HID Device Inputs....i dont know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom