[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I wonder what mouse movement has to do with the whole situation and my only idea right now is multi monitors, what if with NVidia only Windows doesn't know which monitor is primary until the mouse is moved in that specific monitor this way windows realizes that the monitor with the mouse within it is the primary one and allows 3D payback on it.

It is a wild guess but worth a try.

Like i said already if i were u @alexdepalma i would completely remove any 2nd monitor connected to my PC and remove NVidia drivers. Shutdown PC (make sure u shutdown so that video BIOS has to re-detect any connected external monitors) and then install latest NVidia drivers.

After that try to play a 3D file.

Another idea i got now is to disable MULTI GPU in BIOS just make sure NVidia is ur only available GPU in device manager.

If u tell me which motherboard u have i can tell u which setting in BIOS u have to disable.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii
    We have been doing some testing on my setup with @Kotik And found some interesting things. We couldn't find the problem but we found:eek:_O

1. MP and Nvidia works fine on Windowed Mode (prefect 3D) but 3D fails on FullScreen mode
    2. We have touch many different parameters without success.:confused:
    3. Our problem in fullscreen is 3D video plays on 2D (even if TV and MadVr goes to 3D). (mouse movement solves).
    4. MPC-HC has no problems to directly start a 3D video but its affected by mouse movement (temporary deactivation of 3D).
    5. MP never start directly 3D video on nvidia and MP in fullscreen.

Maybe Seb your testing has been based on windowed mode Only and you may re-test on FullScreen MP.
    Will you mind to provide me with your driver version on Nvidia card?

Thanks Seb
    Thanks Kotik

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)

Yep before V123, i was able to not have 3D on start with Nvidia and fullscreen :) But not anymore (i have a dual screen, one for projector and second enabled only for my AVR Harman/Kardon).
    I can provide a bin that does something strange but just for testing :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Attachments

• madvr in a window.png
      madvr in a window.png
      2.7 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :)
    MP can crash but it's to know if the start seems better or not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom