MailTip plugin v1.5.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
the next test version 0.3.7 can be downloaded from first post of this thread now.
This version is the first feature-freeze release before the next milestone - the creation of a repository entry - can be achieved. Now I'm waiting for your bug reports, enhancements will be implemented in a later development phase.

@catavolt: Thank you very much for the DefaultWide skin files, all upcoming versions of MailTip will include these files. For the final version, please don't forget to read the skin change chapter as soon as possible.

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Micropolis: I will provide new skinfiles for Titan soon.

Do you want to include them aswell in your installer as long as team Titan don't have them ready for Titan extended? :)

Golf4

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2006
    Dunkeldeutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Moin moin,
    das Logo für WEB-DE wird bei mir nicht angezeigt, weder als Hintergrund noch im Popup-Logo.
    Habe die PNG schon in alle möglichen Varianten umbenannt - hat aber nix geholfen. :confused:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New version for StreamedMP

In this file are two versions. One is optimized for the usage of the mail popup reading style. In this version there is no preview of the mail under the list. If you want to read a mail, you have to activate the mail popup in the settings.

Rename your prefert version (MailTip.popup.xml or MailTip.nopopup.xml) to MailTip.xml.

It is possible to add your images as provider images. Put them in MailTip\Provider as png and name it like your account. Use this only if your provider is not supported yet (inform Micropolis and he will add it).

@Micropolis It would be nice to have something like #MailTip.popupactivated with (True|False), to put this two styles in one file.
    And am I the only one with problems with the german umlaute (ä,ö,..) or is this "normal", that they are not shown correct?
    Thanks

ps. This version works for me and I'm fine with it. I will not update this regularly. If you want better support for StreamedMP, give this request http://code.google.com/p/streamedmp/issues/detail?id=591&sort=-id&colspec=ID Type Status Priority Stars Milestone Owner Summary a star. Maybe @ltfearme will add it to official support.

Attachments

• MailTip - StreamedMP.rar
      1.2 MB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the (hopefully) last "unofficial" test version v0.3.9 can be downloaded from the first post of this thread. Main goal of the last development sprint yesterday was fine tuning and code hardening tasks.

... It is possible to add your images as provider images. Put them in MailTip\Provider as png and name it like your account...
    Thank you for skin support, but please declare this as a fallback in case the configured provider isn't supported yet.

... It would be nice to have something like #MailTip.popupactivated with (True|False), to put this two styles in one file...
    Property #MailTip.PopupEnabled introduced with v0.3.9.

... And am I the only one with problems with the german umlaute (ä,ö,..) or is this "normal", that they are not shown correct? ...
    Please explain, what do you mean. Do you see the display issues for a mail title or for mail text? Is it plain text or HTML? Which protocol and mail provider do you use?

... Do you want to include them aswell in your installer as long as team Titan don't have them ready for Titan extended? ...
    Not yet, thank you. I want to reduce the dependency to external sources as much as possible.

Help needed: With this version I extend the "Test Profile" functionality to provider related mailbox capabilities. For issue prevention in future versions, it would be nice to know the differences between mailbox providers. In case you want to help, publish a screenshot of ths dialog here (please do not post twice if a provider specific screenshot already exist). Thank you in advance.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for skin support, but please declare this as a fallback in case the configured provider isn't supported yet.
    Done.

Property #MailTip.PopupEnabled introduced with v0.3.9.
    Thanks, but it is not working like hoped. The list of emails has to be id 50. But to realize my idea I need two of the lists in one file, not possible because both would have the same id. :(

Please explain, what do you mean.
    I have this issue with my emails from my university email server. It is set up as IMAP and is an Microsoft Exchange Server. With pop3 chosen everything works fine.

Edit: I have this problem also with Arcor. As pop3 everything fine and with IMAP it looks the same as for the other account.

Pictures attached. First two shows how it is, second two how they should. The first is send as html and the second as text.

Attachments

• 14-55-38.png
      14-55-38.png
      468.7 KB
    • 14-55-45.png
      14-55-45.png
      415.8 KB
    • 15-38-33.png
      15-38-33.png
      406.9 KB
    • 15-38-39.png
      15-38-39.png