MailTip plugin v1.5.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to manage mail messages!

Highlights:
  • ability to display mail messages for up to 10 mailboxes
  • ability to delete all/selected mail messages
  • ability to move all/selected mail messages to a trash folder (IMAP/EAS only)
  • support for Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
Installation:
  • download and start the suitable installer file "MailTip.mpe1" from the download repository
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "MailTip.zip" from this post (MediaPortal v1.6 and above) and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
Skin Support:
  • DefaultWide
  • PurevisionHD
  • StreamedMP
  • Titan
  • Titanius
Language Support:
  • english, german, french (thx to azzuro), dutch (thx to powermarcel10)
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.2.0 – rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.3.0 – cryptographic routines updated, functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.3.1 – rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.4.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.4.1 – maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0
  • v1.5.0 - re-compiled release, deconstruction of not working functionalities, support for MediaPortal v1.15.0 and higher
Main Screen Overview.jpg

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7, 8 and 10 only, please report any bugs in this thread. I'm aware about some encoding issues for different character sets, codesets and code pages. Stabilization and corrections for this can be improved by sending an request and preparation of reproducible examples. Important: I am not responsible for faulty deleted mails that have been processed with this plugin.

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Attachments

• MailTip for MediaPortal.pdf
    865.5 KB
  • MailTip v1.5.0.zip
    4.3 MB
Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
since I've seen that my favourite mail plugin does not work anymore with the Pre Release Version of MediaPortal v1.6.0, I decide to create a new one.
Please be aware that this is a first beta version, maybe not all plugin parts are hardened enough to work in all cases. Bug reports and enhancement proposals are welcome.

In order to report problems efficiently, please provide the following information:
  • Incoming host server name, port number, SSL settings
  • Number of mail messages in inbox
  • Does your mail message(s) contains characters other than the US codepage?
  • Which language settings do you use inside MediaPortal?
  • Full debug logs

Important: If you decide to test or use this plugin, all other installed plugins of my collection must be updated simultaneously. I do not accept error posts for eventual potenial problems in case this hint should be ignored.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great plugin (a very good replacement for the abandoned MyMail) (y)
    Here the skin file for PureVisionHD 1080 (and the needed hover image (that goes into the "Media" folder of PVHD) ;)

Attachments

• hover_mailtip.png
      hover_mailtip.png
      417.2 KB
    • MailTip.xml
      6.5 KB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    thanks micropolis french translation
    i don't know what is the ID 30, i have translated out of MP .

Please can you use transifex ,???? we have already lot of plugins who use it.

Attachments

• strings_fr.xml
      1 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great Micropolis! Will try this new pligin this weekend, and will try to find some time to create skinfile(s) for Titan! :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Micropolis: I have tried to get this plugin working with my @hotmail.com account but without succsess..

I'm using the following settings:

Incoming server: pop-mail.outlook.com / pop3.live.com
    Port: 995
    Use SSL: Yes

I have POP enabled in my hotmail account.

But Mailtip keeps loading..

Do you have any idea?

Cheers

EDIT: And with my Gmail account I'm getting an error, logs attached.

Attachments

• Gmail.zip
      51.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom