Make MyFilms work like MyTVSeries (1 Viewer)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I love the MyFilms plugin, but I would be nice if it would automatically import new movies and fetch movie info from imdb or another site. This could also be implemented into the TV Server and use a central DB to store all of the movies so each client doesn't have to do it.

Ideally, the server would monitor the movie directories and update the DB and then get info from a configurable site. Each client would just have a lightweight window plugin that would display all of the movies for your viewing pleasure.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but if not what does everyone think on this?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I vote for it - but similar discussions already had been here - such major changes (including centralizing the DBs) won't happen during current "featurefreeze".
    But: It would be the consequent follow up of the implementation of the "TV-Server" - centralizing the MP-dbs also. At least it would require an implementation of some sort of "user-level" to carry things like "playlists, watchedvideos-marks etc." per user and not per machine. So it's a major work - and myfilm is just a part of it.
    For the moment you might use some of the autoupdating tools discussed in other threads here.
    guzzi

odin318

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2006
    I would really, really like something like this. If it could read my DVD in the drive and auto-download it, that would be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom